The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i made the dump desision in the begging to get a aqua c remora before i know i was going to have a wet/dry with a sump............and of coarse i want it out of my tank now.............what is the best brand in sump protein skimmer..............for a 45 reef..............its a tidepool wet/dry so i have about 10" across and about 20" top to bottom

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width="47%">
EV-120 Skimmer

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
i like this one is aqua c as good with their in sump as they are with their remora?

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i can but i was told from the guys at aqua c that because the water is like 4 " or so from the top that it might effect the performance

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
should be able to use the remora, hang it or submerge it, if not, coral life super skimmers are good for the money or ASM skimmers (i think thats the right initials.)

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
ionracing said:
i can but i was told from the guys at aqua c that because the water is like 4 " or so from the top that it might effect the performance
extend the tube from the pump till its about 3 inches under water, should work just fine then.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i will try and see if i notice a performance difference............because it has really started to kick it up a notch

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i have a tidepool wet dry so its plastic im not sure if i can get baffles glued in there

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
ionracing said:
well i have a tidepool wet dry so its plastic im not sure if i can get baffles glued in there
silicone, or acrylic cement should hold, not alot of pressure in a sump like that. post a pic, maybe can give some ideas.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i just tried to put it in and its just way to cumbersome...........no space............darn

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
i think the coralife super skimmers have a way you can mount them in the sump. In my opinion they are just as good as the aqua c remora. Just my 2 cents

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,737 Posts
I love Bekett skimmers provided they are driven by the right pump, but they can be pricy, and the pumps take a fair wack of power to run.

The ASM G series has great reports from people that use them, I've seen a few in action and like what I see.

That coralife skimmer makes me a little nervous, I've seen them work and I am really not sure. I am not a big fan, but hear that they work well from others.

HTH,
Whiskey

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a co-worker that has a Corallife skimmer, and it performs ok. Just make sure you get one that is rated 2x what your tank is. Some skimmers are just over-rated.

Mike

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the one im looking at does up to 150 which i will never get over a 100 ................my next and finally tank will be a 75

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah right...We all said that.
This is the last tank I'm ever going to buy.

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
I have a coralife super skimmer and it works great. Took about a week for it to break in and now it produces no microbubbles in the sump.

·
Premium Member
14,398 Posts
ionracing said:
the one im looking at does up to 150 which i will never get over a 100 ................my next and finally tank will be a 75
Oh now thats funny! We'll have to save that quote so it can haunt you later!
I think the ASM would be a good choice also. Its a Euroreef clone and they work great for less money.

Robert

·
Registered
7,938 Posts
I have the AquaC EV-240, and I think think it works wonderfully. That said, I believe you can get an ASM or a Coralife for cheaper than a EV-120, and I believe the performance is relatively comparable.

Good luck!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts