The Reef Tank banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cabana Boy
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have a mag 12 and a genx rated at 1200 gph. At the moment I have the mag setup externally to my sump and going up the back of my tank and teeing (sp?) off in to return through 3/4 lockline. I also have a 3/4 return pipe coming from the bottom of the tank that is not in use right now. I was using it before but I couldnt figure out on how to set it up so I didnt have dead spots. Hence splitting in 2 over the back. Now I have that extra pump I recently received and was wondering on how to set it up?Was thinking of hooking up the mag back through the bottom of the tank and maybe splitting it in 2, or leaving the mag where it is coming from behind the tank and using the genx as some sort of cls by running another pipe through the back to suck water into the pump and then shot through the bottom of the tank through the unused pipe and maybe making a square of pvc around the perimeter of the tank and attach some locklines to that. Suggestions needed :confused: :confused: :confused: here are some pics incase you need to see visually

·
Cabana Boy
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the pipe that is on the left is actually the standpipe for my overflow that goes through to the bottom of the tank. When I received the tank I was given it with clear pvc standpipes and a stainer on the very top to avoid anything getting sucked out. Theres actually 2 of these standpipes, one on the left and one on the right. Then theres a return 3/4 pipe on the right side that is not being used. Since I wasnt sure on how to get even flow in the tank from this return, I made a return to go from behind the tank and split into two.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts