The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:beer: :beer: :beer:

Ya I did it, I got the air bubbles out o the u tube symply by swirling my finger around in there. Now i can sleep tonight. I feel so relieved. Last night I hollusinated that I was hearing my tank overflow onto the varnished hardwood floors. AHHHHH.... going to bed. Good night averybody ,,, (its 9:3D in NYC). CU

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well after a day full of mouths of saltwater, sucking air bubbles, a staring at u tubes for hours..... its like midnight for me. I cold fall asleep on my PC and short out the keyboard by drooling all over it LOL.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
why were you having trouble just sucking the air out with a tube? should work pretty easy, i do it all the time.

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,658 Posts
I hate being wokin up in the middle of the night with the sounds.Done it many times,forgetting to turn on the top-off when finish working on the tank!YUCK!

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
For mine, I actually left a small hose in the U-Tube.. with the end right where bubbles usually gather. Then I have the other end down in my sump. I started a siphon in the small hose...and thus any bubbles that start to form in the U-Tube "usually" get siphoned out by the hose. This has helped me to reduce the number of times I have had air trapped in the U-tube slowing down water flow.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
leveldrummer said:
why were you having trouble just sucking the air out with a tube? should work pretty easy, i do it all the time.
My overflow system is cursed

·
Registered
363 Posts
Jeremy1973 said:
For mine, I actually left a small hose in the U-Tube.. with the end right where bubbles usually gather. Then I have the other end down in my sump. I started a siphon in the small hose...and thus any bubbles that start to form in the U-Tube "usually" get siphoned out by the hose. This has helped me to reduce the number of times I have had air trapped in the U-tube slowing down water flow.
That is a very good idea....... I have had the unfortunate experience of waking up to my refugium overflowing because of a bubble blocking flow back to the main..... I'm considering drilling a hole at the top of the utube and permanently attaching a hose to make it easier..... this may cause more problems than it fixes, but if it work it will be nice, and I'll keep a spare U-tube on hand. If it works I'll post pictures.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
but you know how you have the prefilter, well could you stick the hose up in the arch of the u tube where mine gather, start a siphoon, and have the small siphoon tube go down into the vacum hose that connects to the prefilter into the sump. Ill get pics to show you what I mean.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts