The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allo Guys! well its OFFICIAL! The 72 Bowfront will be setup by the end of this year! lol i know it seems a long ways away but it will prolly be done b4 that. SO, I have some questions! Im in the planning period and im shopping around a bunch! Ive decided im going to be use the Internet for all my equipment cause the LFS are just too expensive. So, the block that Ive hit now is Powerhead related. The tank will be strictly SPS and maybe a few clams. So based on that the powerheads Im lookin at are;

Koralia EVOLUTION 1400 High Flow Power Head by Hydor

Im looking at getting 2 of those and having one on either side of the tank.

Also the return im looking at a 900gph return pump but thats probably gonna get beefed up a little bit. But there arent gonna be really any loclines in the tank; the return line is gonna pointed to the surface for agitation and my PH will be used for in the tank circulation.

Sorry for the long post! There will most likely be more questions on this thread but just this one for now! THANK YOU!!!!!!!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
P.S

Vortechs are simply out of the question lol Way too expensive for me!

Thanks!

·
Cube Keeper
252 Posts
I have heard good things about the new Koralias... The old ones were not so good, so I have stayed away from them. If you have the money, the vortech's are hard to beat. I have several of them and I love them. A couple of Vortech MP10w ES would fit the bill. They can do 1575 GPH each. If you want more flow, go up to the MP40w ES. They are great pumps and have served me well, and can do some pretty cool things as far as flow.

Don

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Or should I do 1 or 2 of these;

CoralVue High Seas 202B
High Output DUAL Propeller
Driven PowerHead, 3,000 gph,
24W

1 - 6 of 6 Posts