The Reef Tank banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up this morning to find this. I am not sure what is going on. I did not have time to test the water. I am going to do a massive water change tonight. Nothing is dead but the Hippo Tang is not looking so great. The list of Livestock. is as follows.
1 Hippo Tang
1 True Perc
1 PJ Cardnail
1 Royal Gramma
1 Flame angel
1 Xeina
1 Corceea Clam
1 Zoas Frag
1 Mushroom Frag.
1 Closed Brain frag.

The watter feels slimey there is thread like objects floating in the water. I am missing 2 Wrasse fo about three weeks, but I took the tank apart and could not find them any advice would be great

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Check your Amonia, Nitrate, and Nitrite readings. If they are high you might the missing fish could be effecting the water. Has the water been through any sudden changes in temp lately? Is your skimmer working properly?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes the skimmer is working fine No change in temp lately. the biggest cahnge is that I added MH a couple weeks ago. and fans to comp for the temp.

·
Registered
96 Posts
What is the temp running now with the new MH lights? Are all the water readings normal? The Haitian Anemone's sometimes spue off the thin strings of slime when their is a flux in the water.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My temp is around 76. I think that it is the anenome. He just ate but it is just alot of stuff in the water. I did not have time to check the wter params this morning. One thing that I am thinking about is last night I ran low on water in the sump, the pump cavitated a bit and put a fair bit of air bubbles in the water, could this of triggered something?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Most likely not because of the air bubbles, I run into that problem also due to my tank loseing about 2-3 gallons of evap a day. Did you feed the anemone or did it suck up one of your fish? I had a Haitian Anemone a while ago that I hated, it would never stay in one spot and it ate a gobie of mine. After it would eat it had some really nasty brown muckas that spued out of it's mouth all over in the tank. I got rid of him real quick, I have not heard anything good about those anemone's.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It did just eat on Sunday. It has not moved at all. if this is what is going to happen I am going to get rid of it

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The tank has settled down now. The water is just a little cloudy but another water change tonight should take care of that. Everybody seems to be doing alright except my Xeina and some clove polyps. I am pretty sure that I lost those. I could not find anything wrong at all. I am not sure what happened. Maybe the anemone but I am not sure

1 - 13 of 13 Posts