The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Warden's Prisoner
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My sixline wrasse is great. I have been trying to find out where he at lights out for weeks. The other fish I have are easy to locate, but the wrasse must go into some type of Hoffa program because I can never find him. I usually cover the front of my tank glass with a black nylon sheet so that they are not disturbed by any other lights when theirs go out. This morning I peeked under the sheet and scanned the rocks with my red flashlight and found the wrasse resting in the most still pose. I would have though he was dead but if you watch closely you can see his mouth move. I was hoping to see him in a coccoon. Oh well.

·
Stinky Slimey FEESH
2,718 Posts
They are strange, like most wrasses, but really cool personalities, I like them a lot - - using a flashlight was a great idea, bet you scared the poor wrasse and he needed to change his soiled armor!

HHC

·
The Warden's Prisoner
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hardhead Cat said:
They are strange, like most wrasses, but really cool personalities, I like them a lot - - using a flashlight was a great idea, bet you scared the poor wrasse and he needed to change his soiled armor!

HHC

Nah, the flash light I use doesn't really bother the fish when I poke around. I bought at Walmart. It's supposed to some type of red night light used for hunting at night. I am going to see if I catch him in the same spot tonight.

·
Stinky Slimey FEESH
2,718 Posts
Sounds like a very cool light to have - - I had a green bird wrasse that would disappear for long periods of time. I tried flashlights, etc. until one night I finally crawled under the tank stand (135-gallon) and there he was, buried way underneat the sand bed. The tank had a glass bottom or I wouldn't have been able to see him! It's cool to see them when they think they are hiding!

HHC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts