The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......BOTH WAYS!

Top of the morning, and a huge HAPPY THURSDAY TO ALL!
COLD warming up to COLD latter, with temps staying around COLD for a while.....33F heading to 45 latter, falling into the low 20's latter. It's officially BRRrrrrrrrr now.

Coffee is up, and some CC cookies to go along with my CIB'MC'. No excitement round here other than a week to Thanksgiving.....and then LESS THAN A MONTH to Elvis leaving the building. The boss will be back next week to 'help us' finish up the season. Turned the water off to the docks yesterday with the 20 degree nights heading this way.

Peace,
Hack

· Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,804 Posts
Mornin Skipper. A big hello to all who follow this morning. Was busy yesterday & I didn't have much more time than to drop in and click a LIKE or two.

I did manage to meet the fella who is taking over the property and run him through the boiler room safeties. I handed over the keys & am officially done there now. I tiold him to call if he had any questions...I got two calls before noon yesterday....we will see how this goes...

I am off to Hamilton 45 minutes away to pick up my brother and get a tool box delivered to his house with the pick up after work. It looks like the forecast for this weekend is getting more probable. It shouldn't be really bad here - maybe a foot or so, but Fort Erie 20 minutes away on the shore of Lake Erie is looking at 24 to 30 inches I am told. That may make it interesting Sunday if some of my guys can't get in to work.

Hope everyone has a great day.

· Retired Wanderer
22,598 Posts
Morning gentlemen.

Need to clean up then head to the airport. Enjoy your day.

· Super Moderator
35,704 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, Rick, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee and sweet treats, Hack! I’ll add your choice of oatmeal or cream of wheat, plus raisins, choooed dates, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Oh, and for something savory, I will add cheese biscuits.
You’re outside working temps sound pretty bad. According to my phone, it looks like you have a windy day as well. 🥶. I hope you get a chance to go into a warm place at some point in the day.

Rick, I’m sure you’re glad to have that old place off your hands, even if you do get calls from now every now and again to give your advice.
Yikes on your possible snow prediction! I didn’t know that people in your area called in when they couldn’t drive to work because of snow. It makes perfect sense to me, though. I hope you and your wife are safe out there on your drive to work in the next few days.

It’s 33 and sunny here and topping out at 49. Let’s see how that holds out.
Today is our church is bazaar. Since it is a madhouse there, I asked a friend to pick up some things for me because I don’t want to be in crowds of people with my chest cold.
Tonight another Civitan club is having a special program called Quilts of Valor in honor of veterans. I had intended to go, but at that time of day my energy is waning, and I don’t want to be in a large group of people. I hate missing that important program.

Let’s make it a groovy day, even if it is on the chilly side.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

· Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,748 Posts
Good morning ,
Coffee is on . Still in the process of waking up. I’ve been a little under the weather lately. But seems to be getting over it.
I saw something on tv that Buffalo NY may get up to 6 ft of snow. That’s crazy . I’m going to check out the weather channel in a little.
Have a great day

· Administrator
61,145 Posts
Good mornin all, 32 heading to mid 50s later. Coffee is on, might have a pastry or two floating around. Last day at work for the week
Feel better Vinny, hope the day at work goes easy for everyone. Do you have to drop her off at home then go to work Perry? Dath hope you feel better

· Super Moderator
35,704 Posts
Good afternoon, everyone!

Buffalo is on the eastern end of Lake Erie. The westerly wind picks up moisture for the whole length of the lake then dumps it on Buffalo when it hits the shore. The really heavy snow will be in land from Buffalo in the hills.
That’s nutz! Now I remember when you said last year that the snow was so bad some people could not drive to work. Holy moly.
Good mornin all, 32 heading to mid 50s later. Coffee is on, might have a pastry or two floating around. Last day at work for the week
Feel better Vinny, hope the day at work goes easy for everyone. Do you have to drop her off at home then go to work Perry? Dath hope you feel better
Doug, you do a good job in consolidating what to ask people. I usually make a major term paper out of it. Yep, I’m feeling some better though I still go through some coughing spurts. I’m trying out the CVS brand of Mucinex to see how that helps.
Hope your Friday goes well.

· Super Moderator
24,430 Posts
Not technically evening here but dark enuf to be , greetings all.

Last couple days have been a pain,,, truck brakes on a truck that wears parts a year newer than it’s model year,,, FINALLY got it straightened out today, with new parts a year newer . Rotors and pads I ordered a while back were for the trucks year,,, silly me.
After finding out the hard way,,, I pretty much have 2x’s the effort and $$ in a brake job ( still prob cheaper than a stealership or shop🤔🫤)
Today, I did the job outside in 30 degree temps,,, that , and doing it yesterday speeded up the job today, heheh.

New pain meds are on maker’s back order ,,,, no choice but to deal until some come in ,,, grrr/ow.

Hot shower helped stick a pin on the day,,,

A lil parrot session visit time, then recliner reclining 👍🏼

Hope everyone had a great day 👍🏼

· Super Moderator
35,704 Posts
Good evening, all!

Survived my friday, gotta go in to town and do a couple more things
Hopefully those are easy things so you can have an evening of R & R. How is your gal Furgee doing these days?

Jeff - You really hit it when you said the past few days have been a pain, especially with your pain meds on back order. ☹
That is some confusing stuff about your truck. But, then I don’t know from vehicle repair anyway. I do know this, doing that work in 30° weather doesn’t sound like any fun at all. A hot supper and parrot and dog time should help fix the day’s worth of frustrations.

No Zoom Civitan meeting tonight, but there will be an online hymn sing.

Let’s make it a groovy evening and warmth when it where it’s cold outside.

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was cold when I got home.....TILL I READ 6' of SNOW on the other side of the border! :oops: 1' at your place Rick would sniffle us here for a week, but 6'......couldn't begin to imagine.

The truly COLD STUFF begins to move in tonight for about a week...20's at night and low 40's/upper 30's for highs. Still no mention of precipitation. Feels like the beginning of the end now of the season with these temps.

SORRY for all the aches n pains round our Table.....'hurts n colds n blahs'. I think with the weekend approaching we need to dust off some of our liquor stash and pass it around during a nice warm evening CHAT. Let's see if we can't get a record attendance pulling up a stump.:unsure::)

Seems strange Cath no ZOOM thingy this evening......but the hymn sing along always sounds groovy.(y)

Food Tableware Ingredient Stew Recipe

Here we go.....let's see if'n we can't help you shake that blasted cold of yours.

Getting ready to fly.

End of the day is San Diego.
Is this YOU Perry flying out tonight? I lost that MEMO......got to be here somewhere?
Don't want to put the cart before the horse, but will this involve fishing?

Tummy grumbling for something in the sweet category.....NO WORRIES, I'm skilled at this.
Hack

1 - 20 of 20 Posts