The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
As for flow with pocillapora it dosn't mater I don't think. I have pieces on the bottom of the tank as well as way up high. It shows up in weird places. I have had it in my tank for about a year the small pieces I started out with are about the size of a grapefruit now, and the piece on my overflow is golfball size (just showed up). So I guess flow dosn't matter with it.

I think that is a small plate in the top picture but I can't really tell.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the weird thing is, it has a trunk, like a zoa or polyp does, and i don't think that theres a skeleton in there.. it's not a zoa, and it has small tentacles like a plate that are all over the top, like a plate, but it's hard to tell what it is, it came out of no where on a piece of LR from Capbay, and grows fastly when i feed it.

·
Jr. Reef Tank Engineer
1,081 Posts
From the description in your last post, it is most likely a Majano Anenome. Kill it as soon as possible before it spreads.

Typically majanos are LR hitchhickers, which is probably how you got yours. They are not good to have for the same reasons as Aaiptaisa...

Don't feed it anymore, and zap it with some joe's juice; hopefully you will "nip it in the bud"

- Michael

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i don think it's a majano, there were two next to it before i killed them, and they actually inflicted damage to it, which those anemones dont do to each other, and the tenatcles are really short, not like an anemone, but thanks for the reply.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts