The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
little crazy
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i can get a part time job at the LFS for $10 an hour part time.:banana:
Now here is why i want to work at the store other than the obvious. i am currently in school to get my BS in IT specializing in MIS. ( i like saying it) and i am currently a part time student and in the fall i will be full time and need to have a more flexable schedule for class. now my problem is that i need to make about $150 more a week. so fingers are crossed. i am looking for one more part time job.

oh and i would get corals at wholesale, same with well anything in the store.:dance:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am the manager/sole employee at our lfs and I dont even get stuff at wholesale prices...I get a 20% discount...thats a good deal!

·
Gray Whale
657 Posts
Better find something at the local mcdonalds or something man!

I wouldn't let that opportunity slide through the cracks! My girlfriend forbids me from even Thinking about getting a job at the LFS...

·
Whale Shark
159 Posts
I got a job at my lfs and I'm only 14, I love working there , idk about you but my managers are very good at giving me shifts that don't interfer with my school.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I am the manager/sole employee at our lfs and I dont even get stuff at wholesale prices...I get a 20% discount...thats a good deal!
WOW that sucks, most LFS even offer good customers 20% off on a regular basis. Most LFS I deal with offers employee wholesale or 10% above wholesale.

·
C'est la vie
4,118 Posts
i know it might not be my place to say this, but they shouldnt stop you from getting a job somewhere thats ridiculous. if its something you have a passion for and you get a discount i cant see the downside. yall need to tell them that your grown *ss men and can do what you want, then go buy a red corvette and have a midlife crisis. but seriously, they should be happy for you. and mshonk2 i would go for it. thats a great discount and they will pay you too, you cant ask for more

·
Premium Member
26,466 Posts
i know it might not be my place to say this, but they shouldnt stop you from getting a job somewhere thats ridiculous. if its something you have a passion for and you get a discount i cant see the downside. yall need to tell them that your grown *ss men and can do what you want, then go buy a red corvette and have a midlife crisis. but seriously, they should be happy for you. and mshonk2 i would go for it. thats a great discount and they will pay you too, you cant ask for more
Yup! :banana:

Just tell that to the wife....

·
little crazy
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well she's excited for me and telling her that will not go over well but I have a 3 year old and we have bills. But the good new is I found that 2nd part time job. Woop. Woop. And gave my two weeks notice. There was also a mention of store credit. I need mire info on it but my two week notice is in as of today

·
little crazy
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quiting my dayjob for a lfs part time job and another part time.
That was the deal two part time jobs to quit my dayjob luckily for me the lfs is one of them.

·
Premium Member
26,466 Posts
Quiting my dayjob for a lfs part time job and another part time.
That was the deal two part time jobs to quit my dayjob luckily for me the lfs is one of them.
sounds great!

do something you love, makes life a bit "more better" :D

that will also give you more time with your son/family, or about the same?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Just be careful...most everyone I know that has every worked at a LFS had the same problem...they never seemed to bring their paycheck home in an envelope, but rather in bags of saltwater.

·
Gray Whale
657 Posts
Just be careful...most everyone I know that has every worked at a LFS had the same problem...they never seemed to bring their paycheck home in an envelope, but rather in bags of saltwater.
Haha, that sounds a recipe for sleeping in the doghouse:(

Wouldn't it almost be worth it though?!:funny:

·
little crazy
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Less stress and the Guy said I will have like 5 hours a day to do schoolwork and that leaves time for family. And my wife would be out the door if my check were in corals.

·
Gray Whale
657 Posts
Less stress and the Guy said I will have like 5 hours a day to do schoolwork and that leaves time for family. And my wife would be out the door if my check were in corals.
Yeah, that's no good... I wish you luck with your new job! Now you get to see how many knuckleheads are in your town that don't do things properly....
Try not to beat their heads in too hard! ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts