The Reef Tank banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
I think I'd have to agree with Hydor on this one. Seems more likely that there was an imperfection in the glass and you had the bad luck to put the magnet right on it. See if you can find a glazier willing to look at it. I had a window in my apartment crack and the glass maker was able to tell immediately from the nature of the crack that it was due to the building shifting and putting weight on one corner. Maybe one could pinpoint the cause of the crack for you.

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
Sorry, can't see the vid onto my phone. I still say it's more likely a defect in the glass than the magnet though. But I'm not an expert - I suggest you find one. Hydor will keep blaming the tank maker and vice versa. Find an outside consultant to give you an answer to take to them. Show the glass and the magnet to a glazier and see what he thinks the cause is. You'll have better footing against the responsible party if you have an expert opinion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.