The Reef Tank banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Water Vertebrate Liquid Fin Fluid

Top of the morning, and HAPPY WEDNESDAY.....HUMP DAY!
75 DAYS till Christmas! Just saying......

Coffee's up, and Buttermilk waffles for eye openers.
Low 70's and partial cloudiness......wonder what THAT means in this goofy day n age?

Have my last PT this evening till I see my 'neck surgeon' on the 21st and see what his intentions are for me......

Set's go find the sunny side of life,
Hack

·
Retired Wanderer
17,360 Posts
Good morning everyone.

Leigh is not big on "Sweetest Day" tomorrow which is a regional marketing campaign to buy candy around here six months away from Valentines Day. I can avoid that.

Big day at work. Travel is turning into at least an every other week event with my new gig.

Wiring up some LED ultra slim lights in the basement tonight for Leigh. I just need to remember not to touch that pesky neutral. Putting in a dimmer switch too..

Enjoy your hump day everyone.

·
Super Moderator
22,287 Posts
Morning Hack, Perry , and those that will be checking in today.

Yup Perry, no shaking hands with Mr. ‘lectricity.

Sit down grub place to start the day checked off the list just now, killing time until the town grocery store opens in 15 minutes of so. Was a local family owned supermarket recently bought by also a family owned local chain of stores. Cool thing is that we lived next door to the 2nd generation of the start of this store( the new owners) along with what will be the 3rd generation and current CEO of the chain. I enjoy telling the cashiers that my sister babysat the now CEO when he was a kid. Now prob 12 supermarkets large.
Local hardware store stop nearby after I pick up house grub, Mom bumped a table lamp to the ground and now needs a new 3 way socket .

Then a laundry list of chores to pick from to fill out the day.

Still dunno what a Buick Stealership would be sending me, will see if tracking is updated so I can follow “it’s” travels .

Hope everyone has a great day!

·
Super Moderator
27,417 Posts
God mawnin’, Hack, Perry, Jeff and all of TRT!

Hack. Ohhh, be still my heart with those waffles and coffee! I’ll add fruit the table.
Yeah on last PT appt. Don’t remember anything about neck surgery.

Perry - Where to on your next traveling?

Jeff - Now I’m curious about a package from Buick.
BTW. will your birds mimic what you call out to your doggies? 😂

I better get going. Exercise class at 9:15.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Administrator
47,306 Posts
Mornin Cath ,Hack,Perry, Jeff . Coffee is on here as well. 35 out hi upper 50s delivery day do it should go by fairly rapidly. My lady friend has no internet at the moment,bummer
Hope the day treats you all well, wonder if Vinny gets real food yet?

·
Premium Member
25,497 Posts
Good Moring and happy Hump day Hack, Perry, Jeff, Cath, Doug and all.

Thanks for the coffee and waffles .

Doug, I can eat food but right now I'm sort of limited, I cant eat most things, Bread, meats and many thing give me problem swallowing and I have to be careful, I don't want to choke. My taste buds are back took about a year after treatment to come back. I do mostly soft foods. It also takes me forever to finish eating but what I do it I enjoy.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,360 Posts
Afternoon everyone.

Cath off to PA Monday dependent on getting some parts to build a prototype contraption.

Really nice day out.

·
Registered
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
281 Posts
Morning all. Haven't been posting lately but have been poking around. As a heads up to all the mods - your Tuesday update will happen today so if you see the site down briefly that is why. Monday was Canadian Thanksgiving so all the VS staff in Toronto were eating turkey and not getting the weekly update ready for yesterday.

Hope you all have a great day!

·
Administrator
47,306 Posts
Ah it rained again last night. Rick good to see you back, thanks for the headsup..
Vinny good that you can enjoy again.
Yo Inspector Gadget what are you building now ;)

·
Retired Wanderer
17,360 Posts
Yo Inspector Gadget what are you building now ;)
Proprietary for work sorry. Classified at the same level as my submarine adventures.

·
Super Moderator
22,287 Posts
Afternoon all,
Well, the mystery of the week is uncovered!
Of COURSE a Chevrolet truck bumper would be coming from a BUICK dealer, D’oh!
Weird thing being I was sent a tracking email for the bumper the dealer that sold me the truck, sent/forwarded, thru a “surplusGMparts. Com “ sorta place and the shipper was USPS ( was expecting the mail person trying to get a bumper in her Jeep to deliver it ). So, I was expecting a USPS delivery for Da bumper, odd as it sounded. So when I got a UPS email with something coming from a Buick dealer, I did not put the two together.
Stranger things have happened in my life, but this was a head scratcher. Since it’s a shell, ( the base/chrome part) I’ll have to pull the existing bumper and swap what parts are not on the new one, no biggie( fairly easy labor for a “free” $500 bumper)

Put the 2 welding machine holding cart together, like most “put together “ things, a 2nd one will go way faster, haha.
Zero turn mowed the fenced in dawg yard and a bit on the outside of it , put the mower away , then noticed a large long cardboard box was leaning against the house( the bumper) so dolly’d it to the shop and opened the box to check the contents, carry the bumper inside then turn to grab the box to cut up for recycle then learned that the skies opened up , thunder/lightning and the start of HEAVY rain .
Talk about good timing ! Did not notice /was aware of any storms ready to happen , but glad I was were is was with chores and “stuff” outside to deal with ASAP.
Forgot to mention yesterday, I’m getting 2(TWO) Doxie fosters tomorrow! Quess it is 2 males, littermates where the owner is in cardiac failure. So the dogs were surrendered to the rescue.
Heard they were good/happy 7-8 yr old fellas, but a semi portly 22 or so pounds. Dawg pack numbers go up to 8 , just like that.

Cath, the Sun Conures don’t react to the dogs at all, it’s more the other way around. With their vocalizing closer to blue Jays or other “screaming” birds,a few of the dogs here are freaking when the Conures sound off in the bird room. The dogs are more used to “parrot” sounds , so this is new to them.

On to the day ,

Hope everyone is having a great day!

·
Super Moderator
22,287 Posts
A post on FB just showed up about the two long dog fellas I’ll be getting tomorrow ( the post eludes that they are already here) Linky and Toby.
With blurs for tails, it looks like these fellas are gonna be fun fosters to have here. Word is the rescue is going to try to fast track these two for adoption ( mostly since they don’t “need” anything health or behavioral)
Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Carnivore Mammal

Reactions: hackshobby
1 - 13 of 13 Posts