The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Retired Wanderer
17,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went through 8 16 ounce bottles of water and three hydration popsicles. Cath they come in lots of flavors. Spent the day up in a hot tower over a hundred feet up. I am mildly afraid of heights but for some reason not bugged yet. Today I have to the the climb to the top of the tower another 100 feet up via five 20 ft ladders. Heck of a workout.

Coffee is on. Again only one cup for me. Just nothing but protein and hydrating beverages until this stupid humidity moves on.

Enjoy Hump Day!!!

·
Shark..but a friendly one
15,704 Posts
Top of the morning you 'hydrated' daredevil You! WOW.......:oops:
And of course a rousing big good morning and HAPPY WEDNESDAY/HUMP DAY to all Our Friends!

Summery, and with the growing % chance of moisture rising each day now. Got home from work yesterday and REQUIRED a dip in the pool with my Family.......had to beat an approaching thunder storm to do it, but we did. ALL EYES WERE ON THAT WALL OF DARKNESS as it approached.

Coffee is on, and the Capt'n will be pulling up a seat with Us.

Wonderful hopes n thoughts to All,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,061 Posts
Good mawnin’, Perry, Hack, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, guys, and Cap’n Crunch, Hack. I’ll put other cereals, Thomas English muffins, raisins , nanners, and PB.

Perry - Yikes. Sounds like a little thrilling way on up there. Ummmm you better have some vegetables and fruit in your diet or you’ll be making bricks. ;) 😂

Hack - Ooooh Yeah, huge dark clouds get your attention when you’re near water.
Hope your day at the office goes well. Getting in touch with an atty about your injured neck sounds like a good idea. Go for it!
The film for discussion was Roma. It is a Mexican film, and takes place in Mexico City in the late 60s and early 70s. The film discussion group is part of a life long learning at a local college. A few months ago we discussed Hugo and Pan’s Labyrinth.
All the best to Jen and Nate as they visit a friend in need in Florida.

Jeff - Wonder why it took so long for the doc to sign off on Blyth? That just adds to your angst. :(
How is all of your family doing?

Have fun playing with your doggies. Good to have their sideways waggin’ selves around.

Doug - Are you saying that once you get the duct work and insulation blown in you will be done with it?

Contractor is supposed to come here to install a GFCI outlet in my bathroom, and the re-worked bathroom fan. I hope his work works once it’s installed.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Administrator
46,853 Posts
Morning all looking at a hi of 67 today. Hopefully get fan swapped but the project never ends.
Delivery day, hope they do better this week. Better get going, I need coffee and none here.
Take care all

·
Retired Wanderer
17,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow this humidity is insane. Glad I got to do a little work in the electrical shop setting up a test contraption to add to their current test wall. Called away for the last three hours to cut and move angle iron to new racks from 16 to 20 ft pieces. We started with 1/8" thick 1" angle iron then moved through the bigger 1/8" stuff. As we got to thicker steel it got heavy, and the complete lack of air conditioning made it brutal. Tomorrow is the 3/8" and 1/2" thick stuff. Oh boy.

I am dating now, and met a lady online and getting a cocktail this evening. I better fasten my harness before unfurling the flag.

·
Administrator
46,853 Posts
Done with work, Humid but not oppressing. Dogs wanna go for a ride then I need to get in attic and swap out fans. will update later

·
Administrator
46,853 Posts
Back from dog thereapy, with the schizzy weather my knee is killing me, bad enough I cant knee walk on rafters so I am gonna try fan swap tomorrow. Got a nice roast I am thin slicing to make Bul Kogi, korean BBQ beef for tomorrow. Gotta slice nd season and marinade, serve with rice and kimchee :)
Work was a "Charles Foxtrot" gllad its over, prepping tomorrow dinner, snacking nd going down early. Pain reliever rub and hot pad on knee. Gotta make it through one more shift

·
Super Moderator
27,061 Posts
Good evening, everyone!

Doug - You get gold stars for that Korean cookery prep, especially with your aching knee!
It’s not your birthday yet, so what the big event that gets such a fine meal?

BTW.... FB reminded me that today is Alice’s birthday!

Hack - How was your day at work? It’s not like you to be so late in posting for the evening. What did you all have for dinner?

Gotta do KP duty, then get in jammies for reading tnight.

Grooviness for all....

·
Shark..but a friendly one
15,704 Posts
HiYa Cath! The Sams joined Us for dinner tonight at Red Lobster, and We just got home! STUFFED!!
Was a swelter'er on the creek today, 4th day +90 degrees. NOT the 3-Hs yet of HAZY, HOT n HUMID......that'll be here soon enough.

The puppies are over at Nolyn's, ("The big Black Lab......'meth-lab' as Hack call's Him"), house while Jen n Nate are gone........quiet already.

yeah Doug, what's up with THAT huge spread of grub? Bed time is coming sooner rather than latter for I.

Hope peace rules,
Hack

1 - 9 of 9 Posts