The Reef Tank banner

HUMA HUMA IN A REEF TANK

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love this fish and keep seeing them in the LFS. The tank is a 100g reef. well going to be a reef. I have heard mixed things about these in a reef tank.

· Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know he will eat crabs and ornamental shrimp but other than hermits i dont plan on any crabs, never really been a shrimp person either. If it would work I would sacrafice the number of fish and he would most likely go in last.

· originally original
990 Posts
I'm interested in this too. I know it's kinda asking for trouble, but triggers are awesome.

· Registered
134 Posts
I had a blue throat in my 120 reef tank with success! The only issue we had was for the swallow tail angel we had,,,,, The trigger liked the taste of his tail!!! But as far as corals go, he never ate them but would try and eat my peppermint shrimp..

· Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeh i realized the tigger thing after but cant find a way to change it on the poll so o well. He might have a little problem underwater. maybe some scuba gear would fix that. but i will definatly look into some of the Xanthichthys genus

· spaceman spiff
15,672 Posts
Xanthichthys are more likely to eat crustaceons rather than corals. Get a crosshatch pair!
I'd have to sell a lot of frags to justify a crosshatch pair! I've never seen them for less than $800. My blue jaw pair was awesome, though. Sometimes I wish I hadnt gotten rid of them. Definitely reef safe, and mine never got near any crustaceans.

· Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeh crosshatch way too much. we just got a yellow eye kole tang and i really like him so maybe not a trigger if i did he will be the last fish like three fish and thats it for this tank. tank everyone for their input so far very informative and i know which ones i can look at know. keep the opinions comming

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.