The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Aquatic Philosopher
15,434 Posts
I run Ushios, great bulbs, but I second Holy's suggestion from getting them from a TRT sponsor or at least a more established retailer. I just do not trust ebay.

For example, I found that bulb for $49.99 at a Ca/LA based (major) retailer.

·
Aquatic Philosopher
15,434 Posts
Ushio 20k bulbs are awesome.. I have always ran them or Hamilton and had great growth and bulb life..
:thumbup: :thumbup ::thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yep, I really prefer their "purple" to a Radium's blue. Ushio keeps the white-purple crisp rather than washing everything out with blue, blue and more blue.

Great bulbs

·
Registered
559 Posts
:thumbup: :thumbup ::thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yep, I really prefer their "purple" to a Radium's blue. Ushio keeps the white-purple crisp rather than washing everything out with blue, blue and more blue.

Great bulbs
Last longer too I've found as well but I only run them 6-8hrs a day then let everything rest on the actinics and eat.....

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks, i still have the old bulbs- the problem is that i dont know how old they are? is there a way to check if the bulbs are still good?

·
Aquatic Philosopher
15,434 Posts
A PAR meter could tell you but that is more expensive than 4-5 bulbs

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
pass on the meter :) will try to find if any lfs have that meter and maybe they will let me use it :)

·
Aquatic Philosopher
15,434 Posts
I can see from the pics that those bulbs have a fair amount of soot on them... they are old-ish at least

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
No no no,the bulbs give off radiation just like the sun. Could cause blindness and burns. Cook your tank and furnishings. you will put yourself, your family and your tank in danger.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Don't USHIO bulbs come with a UV protection shield built into them ?
I thought these days all the bulbs come with it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts