The Reef Tank banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......Yeah, I'm up for it! :unsure: (y)

Good morning to All, and......HAPPY FRIDAY! Rains a com'n, just how much/long/when ect. is a 'mystery'.
Actually rooting to get the day in on the creek, suckie or not, to eek out another 2 day weekend......so no particular finger crossing going on here.

Coffee and CIB'MC' being poured down the throat with plenty to spare. And there'll be a BIG HANDFUL of them mixed candy bars to keep me company in case I get lonely. :cool:

Let's hope for nice things,
Hack

· Super Moderator
35,704 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, and all of TRT!

Hack - Thanks for the coffee and CIB-MC and candy bars. Offer up bagels and scones and both sweet and savory varieties, and cream cheese PB nanners and I have a seven of jams and jellies. Oh, and apples are available for your commute. I hope your work makes enough progress for you to have two days off this weekend!

Doug, I’m sorry you’re feeling so crummy about things. You do have a pile of stuff going on. What are you able to take Fergee for arompin the woods?

Usually I’m getting ready to go have coffee and breakfast with friends, but my achiness will prevent that this morning. I need to move around a bit but not anything too fast.

Let’s get the day started.

Lots of love hugs and peace to everyone!!

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW Cath.....what are you doing out n about at this hour?
Hack

· Super Moderator
35,704 Posts
Sorry I missed being able to chat with you before you left for the office.🤣

I needed to get up anyway so I thought I’d fix breakfast for myself and put some things on our training table.

· Retired Wanderer
22,598 Posts
Thanks for your service those that served.

It is my LAST DAY in my current job with the filthy conditions and brutal hours. It will feel nice to catch up this weekend on sleep and grooming and show up shiny at the new job.

Enjoy your Friday!

· Retired Wanderer
22,598 Posts
My boss persuaded me to go to the exit interview. I'll go and be frank about my reasons for leaving. The whole thing could have been averted if I wasn't exiled from the job that they hired me for over to part inspection and packaging exile.

One lady here loved one of my Brown's shirts. Washed it and brought it in for her, and she loves it. Gotta leave in style.

· Super Moderator
35,704 Posts
By all means, speak your mind for the reason for leaving. You were treated badly.
That was a fine gesture for giving that woman a shirt of yours.

By the way, Perry, I failed to thank you for your service in the armed services.

· Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,804 Posts
Morning all. Remembrance Day up here. Thank you to all here who served. It is not a day I take lightly. It is a crime it is not a national holiday here.

I called my friend Russ last night and said “Can you help me move the aquarium from the garage to the basement this weekend?” He said “I’ll be there in 5 minutes”. It is good to have true friends.

The tank is in its spot and I am redoing plumbing and making salt water. Jordan (future son in law) is coming down tomorrow to help build the reef. Pics will follow.

· Retired Wanderer
22,598 Posts
Doug hang in there buddy

Reactions: cath

· Super Moderator
35,704 Posts
Rick - That is a sign of a really good friend! Have a good time with the project moving the tank and enjoying each other’s company. Looking forward to seeing photos of your tank build. That would be a lot of fun for your future son-in-law.

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Handwriting Flag of the united states Flag Rectangle Font

THAT'S WHAT ONLY 2 cups of joe does for Ya.....SORRY for being late with the salutes to all Vets! :(
I want to THANK ALL of our Vets today by name, but feel ashamed if I miss anyone.....
Perry
Vinnie
Doug
Paul
and to ALL who raised their hand to protect our freedoms.....THANK YOU!
Hack

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Perry.....smooth sailing Bro. Let's hope the next port is ALL THAT for you. (y) A righteous gesture for that young Lady!

Looking forward myself Rick for this next installment of 'As the Reef Turns'. 'Foul weather Friends' are friends indeed......a man is lucky to have a true Friend.(y):cool:

The day was tolerable on the creek till about 2p, then just plumb turned UGLY....thus Y'All are now dealing with me.
Out of a sense of honor I'll probably be doing a 'fly by' at work tomorrow....popping my head in in person to check on life at the creek for bailing a wee early today. My cohort who lives only 5 minutes from work is checking on the place on Saturdays to see if I'm needed with my 1 hour round trip over there. Good excuse for a box of doughnuts and coffee in the morning.

Hack

1 - 19 of 19 Posts