The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I don't know that you can do that. My mushrooms when they had broken of the rock they just float until the find a spot with less current and they atach themselves. You can put them in a container with some LR rubble and they will atach themselves also.

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
not really. Any glue that'll hold will cause them to just slime up, and shed and unattach.

Some methods include wrapping a net (veil) around the mushroom and rock. Eventually it'll attach.

Others simply stick a toothpick through the mushroom into the rock.

Some put the mushroom and rock in a small cup (put some holes in it to let water flow through), and wait for the shroom to attach.

Point, in all of these...is to keep the shroom close to the rock at all times for a while, until he decides he wants to attach.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, I will try the net. I have three mushrooms floating around, 2 red and one blue, I place them on a rock and they stay but at night when the lights turn off, the pepperdime shrimps knock them down

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have seen on ebay some kind of frag glue not sure what that is might want to check it out, not sure if that will work or if thats what you want. Its called frag glue purple epoxy stick.:fish:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Glueing doesn't work... I tried it and the mushroom died. I'd try the fish line around it method.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts