The Reef Tank banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how would you mount this to a tank http://www.aquariumguys.com/miniaqualight.html.
it doesn't come with legs the tank i have that i want to put this on has no lip or tank trim and is acrylic so can't just set it on the tank. well i don't want to give to much details on it :
i'm trying to get some ideas for next years nano build off so don't want to give anything away.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Make a clear acrylic bridge for unubstructed viewing and add small holes on the rear to zip the power line down, clean & simple. Or hang it over the tank w/ss wires or a wall mounted canopy with the wires in the wall would be slick.

·
spaceman spiff
11,769 Posts
well first I'd question what you hope to use that light for, but I guess that's still proprietary information. ;) I'd probably try to build some acrylic legs for it. But I'd have to see the tank to really give any decent suggestions.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Bridge... only on the ends an probably on edge, like legs, I wouldn't place the light on acrylic, it will generate heat and could interfere with water/gas exchange if it is close to the water surface.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well this is all the info i want to give out: it's a bow front, not that deep( between 1-10" deep you will have to guess) so this is plenty of light i will need for the type of coral i want in it, and it's acrylic.

·
Premium Member
7,375 Posts
Nail gun. :funny:

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i don't want to hang it from the ceiling i was trying to find out how to make acrylic legs that will attach to the tank and the lights with no problems

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
It's for a build-off so he can't hold it, but he can have a beautiful assistant hold it for him. Just don't get a whiney one complaining about the weight or heat.

Mount it on the wall like those shelves that show no brackets and bury the wiring in the wall. Slick/clean, shows effort, and you can park your beer or trophy on it after the show.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts