The Reef Tank banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So fill me in guys! Who came? Who won the door prizes? How is Dale's tank coming along? Details, Details!

Dale, thanks again for hosting the meeting; I sure wish I could have made it.

Alice

·
Registered
539 Posts
The meeting was good. Lets see door prizes......... CatinHat (Jeremy) got the gift cert. ( I think)......chewie go the Filter, Wildthings44 got a ground probe, and dbelshe got a ground probe. THANKS!!!!!

Kim, thanks for the blue shrooms, they arer starting to come out and look great.
Krux, thanks for the ricordia and shrooms.
Wanna...thanks for candycane and macro...

and thanks to everyone else I may have forgotten.

I will have to leave the tank opinions to everyone else.

Thanks for coming!!!:beer: :beer:

PS Alice hows your mom doing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It was great! Thank you Dale for having us. Thanks for the door prizes Alice. And thank you to everyone else for all the cool stuff. As for Dale's tank it looks better than ever with that new rock in there.

·
Nemo's Chamber Boy
4,539 Posts
it took me three full hours to fit everything in my tank, between 25 lbs of new rock, and about 10 new frags.

did i mention i love these meetings?

now all i gotta do is get together with chewie and get my fuge finished off in the next couple weeks and im gonna be set for a long time.

and finally my clown has his very own hole to hide in, my firefish wasnt able to beat him to the new choice cave i set up :p

to those who couldnt make it, you missed another great one. thanks to everyone for the frag swaps, and special thanks to dale for hosting and for the snacks (and beer). also, it woulda been a long walk with those door prizes without the ride from chewie.

by the way, the asian bbq sauce was a hit today i think, so the next club meeting might be my first large scale test project.

ryan out

·
bug hunter
816 Posts
The bbq sauce rules!!! Send me the recipe Ryan!

A good time had by all, Dale was very hospitable, and shared some window installation technique with me.

Dale, your tank is very cool! Thanx for letting us hooligans trash your place.

I also got to meet some other folks on the salem side.

see you all at the next meeting.

Jon
:beer:

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like a good time was had by all :)

Dale, thanks for asking. Mom is doing a lot better, still no word yet though on when she will be out of the hospital.

Jeremy, I'm sending you an email that confirms that the gift certificate will be honored by Drs. Foster and Smith that bought out Flying Fish Express.

See you all in June :)

Alice

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
For all those trades I had set up, sorry I couldn't make it. I was on my way down there from Portland and got a call that my grandma had a stroke. She lives in Corvalis so I just headed straight there. She's ok for now, my mom is staying down there with her.

If you guys didn't trade them away, I was hoping to make a road trip next weekend to get rid of all these frags I have sitting in my tank. Thanks.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I had a great time... took a while to get home, but it was well worth the drive!

To all those whose babies I took home, all looks great! everybody came out and seemed happy.

Dale thanks for having us, and it was nice meeting your family, I just loved your little dog, shes adorable! BTW the tank was cool to:D . When you feel like you don't need your frogspawn anymore just let me know and I'll give it a new home:D

Alice I am glad your mom is doing better.... I hope she gets to come home soon, those hospital beds are almost as bad as the food:rolleyes:

dave, no worries on the trade, just hope your grandma gets well soon!

Too all that I got to meet at the trade It was fun... please forgive me if I see you next month and can't remember all your names...:rolleyes:

kim

·
Nemo's Chamber Boy
4,539 Posts
take what time ya need for your grandmother dave, i can get ya afresh shroom or two any time, and we can see if we can't peel some more gsp off of the rock. just drop an email or pm when you have some free time. i am in se portland.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey Krux,

If your looking for some GSP I have a small 1 1/2" size rock, and a large fist sized rock both covered with GSP. I have been using them to get it started all around my tanks and if you want one of these you can have them. I also have some loose purple and Red mushrooms I mentioned earlier. Let me know where your located and maybe we can hook up on Saturday as the wife and I usually end up on the East side for Lunch. BTW did I hear you had ricordias?

·
Nemo's Chamber Boy
4,539 Posts
bhavik:

i had some small ric frags i was trying to grow out. one got smashed and slimed out when i put in my new rock, and one went to chewie for helping me with a couple diy projects in the last couple days, but the mother colony is about repaired from the frag i took off of it for dale, and i am already iou to binny and chewie on that one (understandable, it is NEON orange with a NEON yellow mouth). if you want to come over thats great. if you like the look of it i can get ya frag number 3 off of it, which will most likely be by next months meeting.

i am located about a half mile from soutas, near holgate and se 17th to give you a ballpark idea. if you want to swing by saturday i can give ya better directions. i love shrooms! my girlfriend is going to design some custom rocks for our tank, taking specific shrooms and laying them out on some pieces of lr. then i am going to frag some of my stock and put together the mosaic. if people like them, i will start making them for other folks as well, maybe doing a shroom frag for shroom frag thing (ie. you want a rock with 4 specific colors, you try to get me around 4 pieces for my genetic bank kind of thing).

as for the gsp, i was trying to get some to dave, not get it myself. thats a very generous offer however, and i appreciate you trying to help out there! thats what makes this hobby so great.

well im off to get some stuff together for biny, we are working our trades today.

ryan

·
Registered
66 Posts
I can drop off the Mushrooms and GSP if you want it on Saturday I have two large purple mushrooms currently loose in the tank and I think I have one or two large red mushrooms as well somewhere. do you want the GSP if so which rock sm or lg?

I'm over in Lake Oswego but like I said we usually go to lunch over at Easport at the grand buffet on Sat. Since we cross the river on the Ross island bridge we go right past Soutas so your place should be right on the way. Let me know a good time and the directions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.