The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am almost done with my plumbing... wow what a project, I never thought I would finish, and no I am not done yet, but to have it all plumbed and no leaks will be nice...should have it ready by tuesday to try with water..... but **** I have a headache now, too much pvc glue inhalation... I know it aint good for me... I didnt do that much work on it... must remember next time to get better ventilation... I had to do it in small doses here and there in order to stay away from the smell.

G

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
Did you put a filler tube on it... if so just put some water in it, if not... stick a power head into the open end and blast some water up there.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
The filler tube mentioned above is the way to go. Use a "T" and leave the top open, then fill with water and cover it up.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My CL drain is a 1.5in hole in the tank...so I know that should fill it up from the drain side, just wasnt sure if it would fill it all the way up since the return goes to an OM 4way that side like 6inches above the water level, so I'd imagine it cannot fill it all the way??? Or just having the drain filled up should be fine, and when I turn the pump on it will fill the remainder of the CL and wont leave any airbubbles? I still could add a T to the return plumbing if you guys think its needed...otherwise I'll just let it be as is.

G

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
In that case just fill the tank up to the normal level, the water will cover the hole and it will fill your plumbing as needed. Start your pump and you are good to go.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
good, so now all i have to worry about is making sure there are no leaks and I am good to go.... **** this project has taken me 4 months to complete.... but I wanted to make sure I did it the right way and in the long run, it would make life a lot easier... more pics to come later on tonight as I finish connecting it all...

G

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,735 Posts
Loverotties said:
Have a vent on the highest part with a valve you can open and close to bleed the air out now and then.
I would not do this, the needle valve is sure to fail, and the amount of water blasting through your closed loop should be plenty to blow air out.

JMHO,
Whiskey

1 - 10 of 10 Posts