The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a bristleworm on some of my zoas this morning. I've tried to trap some bristleworms in my tank to no avail. Any pointers on how to get rid of these nasty little buggers?

·
Little Monster
838 Posts
hmm, I've never thought of bristles being coral eaters, but if they're reeking havoc on your tank, there are some bristleworm traps on amazon that you could look at.

·
Administrator
18,767 Posts
Most brislte worms are harmless. There is a species that is harmful to corals but it seldom shows up in our tanks. However, it's not impossible.

Here's an article on the subject of bristle worms with pictures that should help you figure out which you have.

For the most part we want to keep brislte worms in our tanks as they are good scavengers.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Most brislte worms are harmless. There is a species that is harmful to corals but it seldom shows up in our tanks. However, it's not impossible.

Here's an article on the subject of bristle worms with pictures that should help you figure out which you have.

For the most part we want to keep brislte worms in our tanks as they are good scavengers.
+1...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts