The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there people. So after over 3 yrs I am ready to get rid of Aquapod 24. This is my room mate's tank. Basically I just had enough with this tank. Long story short.. my roomie got jealous about me having one of those tanks so in 2005 decided to have one as well.. Well he never took care of it, so I decided do it for him. From the beginning it was a problematic tank. Main problem and the only one I guess: algae. Green hairy and red bubble algae. I tried to fight with it for a loooong time but it is back. I put more money to his tank than mine.

I do have mine own tank which is 34G Solana and things are just fine.. I will keep that one for a while since it doesn't required so much maintenance and I SIMPLY do not have any problems with it.

I just want get rid of the Aquapod. I know I know someone will ask why am I doing it.. well cause my room mate is an ***...and at least I know what I am doing, so better if I do it. Anyway, I would like to get rid of the live stock, but with the red bubble algae I am not sure what to do? I do not want to just throw it away since it is not severe at this point and wouldn't mind get few $ for whatever is in... Any advice welcome.

btw. if I can sell any of the live stock, I will have two aquapods 24 for sale.. Not looking to become rich from that :) One aquapod was mine before my Solana 34. I did upgrade lightning in that one and I believe it has somewhere around 120 or 140 W in PC bulbs.. plus extra fans etc..

live stock:

Of course few pounds of live rock and few pound of live sand.
Hammer / Anchor Coral, Branching - quiet a few of them
few mushrooms
Toadstool Mushroom Leather Coral, Brown - big one
Evergreen Starburst Polyp
Colony Polyp
Cabbage Leather Coral

there are some other.. but I have no idea what type.. will try take some pic of it.

2 nassarius snails
2 or 3 crabs
I think there still might be a pistol shrimp somewhere.
one fish (medium to large size): Yellowstripe Maroon Clownfish - AGGRESSIVE

now the red bubble algae show mostly on the rock.. Not sure how to get rid of them, besides me trying suck them out of the rock with every water change (every week, 2.5 gallon water change. Using Tropic Marine salt and RO/DI water).

Running Purigen and phosphate remover in back chamber + small skimmer.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what are you asking for it? Tank and all?
I have no idea how much.. sure enough it would be easy to sell it as a whole thing.. would save me time to try sell first live stock, then tank, then pumps and nano skimmer.. anyhow here are few pics of it from yesterday..

update: some stupid rules of this forum dont allow me to post pics.. oh well..

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
guys this tank has to go.. anyone interested? Let me know.. prefer to sell the whole system. I have no problem if someone wants to stop by and see it live. Thanks.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tank is beautiful if you want to part it out i want that pink tip hammer
hey there.. thanks for replay. At this point, if I could find enough people for all the live stock, I could part it out. I understand that I can not expect a lot $ for this. And I am not... Easy way would be just give it away, but then after 4 yrs of keeping it and putting so much effort and money as well (sigh!)... anyone would love to get at least some $ back :)

I am going still keep my other tank, which is a 34G Solana.

I think, what I am going to do in next couple of days.. is a LIST of things with prices. Of course, first all the live stock and then equipment.. and maybe a one price for the whole set as well, and see where it will go...

Now is this legal to sell anything on this forum or will I be ban?

thanks people.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts