The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 55g with alot of liverock. will post pics of the tank soon. I bought 4 emerald crabs about 6 months ago because i was told they were great for algae maintenance, which they are, but there is only one remaining crab. I call him the hulk because he is about 2.5 -3.0 inches from leg tip to leg tip. He has killed my red coris wrasse when it was sleeping in the sand, my 6 line when it was sleeping in a crevice, one of the other emeralds, every now and then a snail, and about a redleg hermit a day. I have been trying to get him out for a week, but he hasnt been out as much since i started, and doesnt go out into the open much. If you have any tips as to how to catch him or get him to come out, please let me know. thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
can try a water bottle cut the top off and flip it around cut a hole you think would be big enough for him and put some food in it do it at night and you may get lucky

·
Tarpon
3,793 Posts
I wish mine would eat my six line!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does your 6 line clean like you thought it would when you bought it? mine didnt. my 4 line doenst really now either... kinda the reason i bought them

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok i have set up a few water bottles but what food should i use and how should i keep it in? anyone feel free to post other ideas.

·
Tarpon
3,793 Posts
Waterbottle idea is generally the best. Attach your string to the neck, so when he crawls in all you have to do is yank him out. I would just put a piece of shrimp in there or something.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok i put it in there with some pc mysis. anybody have any other foods they can think off an emerald might be interested. lol. might as well put a hermit in there. his favorite food.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts