The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I frag my torch? I have a torch that is huge now and has actually split into two heads. But they are still attached together at the base. Do I just cut it with a razor blade and glue it? I have no clue how to do it and I don't want to kill it.

Also how do i frag my zoos? I have some that have really grown but they are still attached to a very large rock. Can I cut them off of the rock or do I put something beside them that they can grow onto?

I also am looking for some red zoos or purple mushrooms to trade for if anyone is interested. I have xenia, a green torch (that robinson farm was supposed to take and i haven't heard from him), and some green zoo's (from joelb) if i can get them off my rocks.

Just let me know guys
Later
Clay

·
Registered
86 Posts
PM'd you.

About fragging zoos... You can either put another rock next to them and hope they grow onto it or you can take a more direct approach (i.e. razor blade as you mentioned). It would be best if you could take the entire rock out of the tank before cutting because they tend to slime a bit after being cut, but it can be done in the tank as well. I would just cut one or two polyps at the base and rubberband them onto the other rocks you want them on. They'll attach themselves after several days and then the rubberbands can be removed. Oh, and be sure to WASH YOUR HANDS THOROUGHLY after handling your zoos! Just a word of caution ;)

hth

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
Well wait until you get a seperate stalk on the torch. Then I use a hacksaw on the stalk.

The zoos, Lisa and I will take a small chisel and try to chisel the polyps off with a small piece of rock still attached. Then glue the piece of rock to anther piece. I have a small set of chisels clay. Lisa has a zoo rock with 4 different zoos and 3 differnt shrooms by doing this.

ray

·
Registered
807 Posts
So from your post I'm guessing the zoos took off in your tank? I may have a purple mushroom or 2 I wouldn't mind trading. (not sure how to unattach them) Give me a call. If you don't have my number still pm me and I'll send it to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts