The Reef Tank banner
81 - 100 of 137 Posts

·
Hydro-Dynamic
13,149 Posts
Can you guys also make a little help to an old guy who born on the Pre-Television era? I want to know how to attach a picture on my replies.
I can't diagram it like Nate does, but if the picture is on your pc
in this reply window, I scroll down below "Submit Reply" button.
You'll see Misc. Options, and the bracket below that is the button you want to click on "Manage Attachments".

That will bring up a window-click "Browse" to upload from your pc

This will bring up yet another window "chosse file to upload

then you move throughout your pc in that window to the location
probably by clicking on the drop box (small downwards facing black triangle) then click on perhaps "My Pictures". Within there is probably
the picture, if not within a sub folder within "My Pictures"

One other option that does not cut into your upload maximum, is if the picture is uploaded to another website, I use Yahoo, you might use Picture Town, or similar. Navigate to the picture, right click your mouse on it, select copy by left clicking that option, then in the body of a reply here on TRT, you can, again, right click your mouse, and select "Paste" by left clicking on it.

Uploading pictures to TRT gallery does not count against you maximum upload, and will remain there till deleted. Others may dissappear in a couple years if not in the gallery.

·
Hydro-Dynamic
13,149 Posts
yes, and once you have the URL copied, place it inside the IMG tags...

[IMG]myimagelocation.com/imageFileName.jpg[/IMG]

:D
One thing Windows does for ya Nate. That might be why I cannot paste a copied pic with Chrome browser. But with Windows you just copy/paste

·
Hydro-Dynamic
13,149 Posts
Take me a little while to translate your reply in English. But finally I get it. :banana:
Thanks for your help.
Ahhh the ever loved dragon. Sweet!
Do you speak English or are you pullin my leg? :biggrin:

·
Hydro-Dynamic
13,149 Posts
I also would like to know what browser and version you are using.
Welcome to TRT goldenamy
I use Google Chrome, but have to switch back to IE to paste pics.
Firefox also works to paste the embeded code. WIE has a flaw or incompatability with this site to work.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I have windows and I think I figured out how to upload videos from youtube. When you paste it here on TRT there is a blue link in what you copy and paste. You have to click on remove link then everything should work fine. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
3,852 Posts
Well I botched that try. Any idea how to make a video public from private. This is my first attempt at embedding.

81 - 100 of 137 Posts