The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Cabana Boy
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of brown zoas that are spreading pretty fast and was wondering whats the best way to keep them confined to a particular rock? Ive also got some yellow polyps that will be needing some trimming too, what do u guys think is the best way to remove them? Thanks

·
11,345 Posts
i wouldnt try to confine them...either move them once they get too far and put them on another rock or put them in the center fo the existing colony to amke it thicker.......you could also put some rubble next to the rock so they move to another rock by themselves............

Then you can trade those brown ones for something else easily as they will already be on rocks........

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you are into fragging you can pry them off with a small eye glass screwdriver and attach them to small rocks. I have a 125 reef full of mushrooms and polyps, and every other day I find a softie that has detached itself from the main rock. I have broken up some larger rocks and stacked them in the corner of my aquarium and if I pull off some softies or find them floating in the tank I put them on in my pile of rubble. In two weeks they have attached and I wait another few weeks and sell them trade them in at the LFS for more stuff. It helps support my habbit

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
you can use anything you want as long as it isnt harmful to the tank, ive used razor blades before with good luck.

·
Cabana Boy
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they arent the nicest zoo's so I dont think most people would want them. I gave a few for my g/f to put in her tank, but being brown with a lil pink in them they just dont look as nice as the rest of my zoo's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts