The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a little baby pair of True Percs.. i picked up yesterday.... i just came accross a small Red Bubble Tip anemone.... when can i add the nem?????

The percs are the size of the pull tab on a can of beer....

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm not sure how old they have to be, it would seem like they could host an anemone. I'm not sure though.

If you're worried about the anemone being sold, then maybe you can set the anemone in a separate tank.

I'm not positive about the clowns, but I don't see why you couldn't keep them together.

·
Registered
38 Posts
umm i dont thnk thy need to be a certain age but if u have wild percs then thy most likly will host it butif its tank raised it will most likly not host an anemone

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are tank raised.... (Well thay ain't really raised yet.... they are really tiny)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
The issue is more how long has the display been set up and is it mature enough to support an anemone? Most will reccomend at least 6 months minimum for the tank to mature before adding an anemone and I agree. My Sebae anemone is now 21 years old and my RBTA's are 6.5 years old and were added to their current systems well after the tanks had cycled and matured to be safe.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My rbta's in my 135 where added 2 weeks after i put up my origonal tank.... but the tank in question is still new.... so i guess i gotta wait a while....

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
umm i dont thnk thy need to be a certain age but if u have wild percs then thy most likly will host it butif its tank raised it will most likly not host an anemone
Both captive bred and wild will host an anemone. Wild caught are just more likely to host right away.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got my 4 all at same time, two clarkii very small tank raised, one nem, and one lil crab living with them. All put in same tank same day after acclimation process, all found each other within minutes. Both clowns retreat to the nem when spooked, and both rest there at night.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts