Add Liquid Calcium
Add DT's Live Marine Phytoplankton

Sunday:
Feed <><
Add Kent Pro Buffer dkH
Add Coral Accel
Add Coral-Vite
Add Liquid Calcium

Any suggestion ?? How often should I add these ?

-Paul

·
http://atlanta-smas.org/
1,688 Posts
if it were me i'd get rid of them somehow and and only add calcium additives. no additives for me. all that stuff is extra nutrientsyou have to worry about getting rid of . along with alot of things already contained in salt mix. forget the additves a waste of time and money

·
Registered
771 Posts
Ya boy Prismaco, thats a tough one. I think the best thing might be to just get yourself a couple gallons of a good two part additive like b-ionic and just dose that. I agree that using a lot of additives does sometimes cause more harm than good. Simpler is definitly better I believe when it comes to additives. The b-ionic should contain everything your tank needs. Since you already have the other additives though, you might try dosing them SPARINGLY. Like maybe dose the the coralvite and coralaccel once a week, alternating. The dt's phytoplankton is good. Start SUPER SUPER SUPER S L O W with it. It dosent take much. As the poupulation of phytoplanton consumers grows, you can dose more.

It would be wise to get a some test kits if you havent already. If you want to dose the tech-m, get a good magnesium test kit. You can save the calcium and the pro buffer dKH to use to adjust your levels if need be, while using the two part product. As far as the strontium goes.....I dont know....I dont and wouldnt recommend using it. It probably wasnt what you wanted to hear but....

HTH
Dennis

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
all those things are only helping to add to the algae problem imo.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I would't go off a timed schedual on the calcium,alk buffer,tech m, or Stronium. Use good test kits (Salafert) and try to reach your personal targets. Never use additives with out the proper test kit.

The DT's are a food that depends on the amount of mouths your feeding.

·
Premium Member
7,889 Posts
I agree that a good two-part such as B-Ionic should take care of all of your needs. Oh, and feed occasionally.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jay: That was my problem at first with my 16g. I was adding way to much. So I have cut it back to 2 times a week. Now with my skimmer my algea got cut in half.

Looks like what I will be doing is buying some B-Ionic and I will be dosing it in July. June is my relaxing month for my tank. Thanks for the advise :D

-Paul

·
Registered
565 Posts
Bionic Rocks. I use the two part additive daily at the reccommended starting dosage and I have gotten great results with coraline growth and my SPS frags and LPS are flourishing as well as all of my octacorals. TDWyatt was the one who started me on using it and the bionic is easy and really makes a difference. That and biweekly 10% water changes. ;)

Earl

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wheres a good place to buy it cheap ? :D

-Paul

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok I went to Premium Aquatics for the B-Ionic. Which would should I get to dose with ?

ESV Bionic Calcium Buffer System 64 fl. oz ??

-Paul

·
Registered
565 Posts
Marine Depot has the 2 Gallon Bionic solution and it will last you a long time. It is the most economic. I comes with 1 gallon of the Part 1 Alkalinity Solution and 1 gallon of the Part 2 Calcium Solution. These come in concentrate form and you have to mix each one up in the jugs with RODI water up to a fill line and shake until you can't shake no more. Then shake again. ;) I got mine in November of last year and I have 100 Gallons of water volume and use 25 ml of each per day. The instructions say 1ml per 4 gallons so it goes a long way. Marine Depot has the 2 gallon Bionic system for 24.99 plus $5.00 on top of shipping so you may want to shop around and find out who may have it cheaper. If you do let me know as I will want to get some soon to have on hand when I run out which will be probably in October or November.

Earl

1 - 13 of 13 Posts