The Reef Tank banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...feed your fish? Just curious what the more experienced reefers are doing out there??

I started feeding 2 times daily, when my bue tang got ich. I wanted to add garlic, so I started soaking and feeding 2x daily. His ich disappeared and I continued this feeding. I would like to cut back but I am wondering if it stresses them?

I have 6 fish and 2 shrimp, I feed them about a fourth to a half a cube per feeding. What are the rest of you doing? :confused:

·
Land Shark
5,946 Posts
You're supposed to feed your fish?!?
I suppose I feed 1-2x/wk, but now have increased to 3-4x/week since I got SeaMonkey's Reefchili. All fish are fat and happy. :) I'll also put out some nori for the tangs and rabbit fish for grazing.

·
big fishy
941 Posts
I feed mine once a day. Foxface, Hippo tang, Maroon Clown, Copper Banded Butterfly, Flame Angle and 2 Bangers.

Ken

·
Semi-retar...eh...retired
2,995 Posts
Every day. I try to mix it up, but most days it's homemade stuff (mostly chopped seafood and algae) and/or spirulina flakes from Brine Shrimp Direct.
Probably feed the equivalent of 1-1/2-2 cubes per day.
Have a Foxface, Coral Beauty, 2 black saddleback clowns, a bicolor blenny and a mandarin (who does occassionally eat the frozen stuff) in a 120.

·
Registered
768 Posts
My 120g has a Yellow Tang, two Clarkiis, a Copperband Butterflyfish, and a Watchman Goby. I feed red and purple seaweed on the clip once or twice a week, and feed the coral/fish mix I made two days and one night a week.
I try to feed the fish as little as possible, but they grow and seem healthy. The tank is designed for corals, so keeping nutrients to a minimum is top priority.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.