The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
ROOTS...ROCKS...REGGAE
1,215 Posts
IME they seem to like low to medium current and not be blasted with water. A good way to tell is watch the tenticles when they feed. They should not be wipping around. Bob

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
My torch seems to adapt to the amount of current... It actually seems to have the most tentacle extension when it's in higher current... I don't mean in direct fire of a PH, but in it's high washout....

Just make sure you feed it well.... I feed mine finely chopped shrimp and mysis shrimp...

·
Master of Perplexity
3,451 Posts
The key is how much room can you give him? Mine is just a single polyp, but when he's in any kind of current he gets very long sweeper tentacles, and so far nothing he's touched has remained unscathed. He burned my first sps frag (recovered), zoanthids(some made it, some didn't), burned some of the feathers off my featherduster, and lately killed a polyp off my hammer coral. I thought they could coexist with other Euphyllia's, and I've seen frowgspawn's and hammer's really close to other corals, but this torch is mean. He's in the refugium, in a currentless corner, looking forlorn, now I noticed this morning that he's starting to move, looking for someone to kill! I think he's a candidate for the biggest livestock mistake I've made. Only funny vignette has been when the tomato clown tried to bond with him. Yeeowww!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts