The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I would do two radions. I believe the site reccomends 1 radion for every 24x24x24 section of tank. I have three over my 125 gallon (72x18x24) and they are so bright i dont need any other light in my basement. They are hung 7 inches above the water as per instructions.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you think you could do one? or sps wouldnt survive? the dimensions are 6 inches not as deep so do you think it could work?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
The coolest thing about radions is their completly modular, so if one isnt enough you can always get a second one later on. Its not so much the depth as your how long your tank is. With just one light your going to get a "dark" patch around the light on the edges of your tank, assuming you put the radion right over the centerpoint.

You could build your reef right under the light, and put your SPS corals there, and have less light craving species of coral on the edges of the tank if like the look of just the one light.

·
Registered
371 Posts
An XR30 would be fine/overkill for that tank. An XR15 will do just fine as long as you pay attention to wear you place your corals. IE SPS towards the center.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts