The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So would it be better for my 75gal to have 1 or 2 drains? I remember Dennis telling me that I would be fine with one. I have to say if I only drill one hole it will keep down the size of my overflow and give me more space inside. What do you think?

·
Registered
15 Posts
1 so you can run a smaler pump less money and more room.
is the tank go to be in wall? if so you could slice the tank and do your over flow boxes on the out side of the tank
but your doing softies to cut down on money and time right

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
right....this tank wont be the in wall that one is next once this one is running for a while. Cool, so I will do 1 drain with an internal overflow, thats good too because it will slow the sump turnover and give me more skim time. Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a 110 gal and only run one overflow with no problems. Just remember to cover your overflow to keep light out. That way no crap grows in there to clog things up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree with Chuck. I am going to be drilling my glass 75 soon. I plan on putting in two drains. It will be for redundancy in case a snail or something sneaks in. Plus I am planning on making a skimmer box like 18-20'' long by like 4'' wide by like 4'' deep. That will reduce the skimmer box space needed. I'm only looking at push 300-350 gph thru the sump.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts