The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over on Reef Central, a female reefer was wanting to know how many women were into this hobby.... I was wondering the same thing. My tank is maintained by me alone, though my husband really seems to enjoy it the tank too.

So how many female reefers out there?

Tammy

·
Registered
106 Posts
Me Me!!!!

I just found you all thanks to a fellow reefer. I had been hanging out on RC and wondered why no one from my area was around. Well, now I know where you all are, lol!!!:dance:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Dale,
Thank you so much!!! I was starting to think I was the only one in Oregon that kept a reef tank, lol!!!!! "say it isn't so" !!!:)

·
Registered
106 Posts
WOW

I am so excited!!! Thank you! I have a 38 gal softie and fish tank. My setup is not the typical, as I have no canopy or inclosed stand, (someday). Everything has to either hang on or go inside of the tank. My tank has been set up for almost 3 yrs but feel like I just did it. I just got new lighting, 110w of PC and two sea swirls. Made a big difference so now have added alot of new frags and waiting for them to grow, (never fast enough, the ol watched pot thing). Well, that is where I am at. Hope this filled in some gaps for you.
Sally

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Welcome, Sally!

As you all know, this is pretty much a male-dominated hobby, so us SW gals gotta stick together :)

Wish I could make it to the July meeting, but we have to make a trip down the next weekend for a wedding so I'll shoot for August.

Have fun!

Alice

·
Nemo's Chamber Boy
4,539 Posts
in portland northwest seahorse supply (woody's), souta's saltwater, waves, and upscales are all excellent. there are a ton of other little places that folks go to but those are the big 4 i think as far as purchases in portland go. there is little to nothing that you cant get either by stock on hand, or special order if you hit up all 4 of them.

maybe dale or one of the salem folks can tell ya where they go in that area, and i know there is a shop or two in eugene.

G

·
i hope there is a single reefer chick out in the pnw so ladies keep posting, i would also like to see likes and dislikes....fav ceral...you know the imortant info.....lol

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Well, I'm not single, but I'd have to say one of my fave corals is the bubble coral. It looks soft, pillowy and innocent but it has sweeper tentacles that will sting the he** out of anything that gets too close.

:D

Don't mess with a BRW

;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thank you Krux,
I drive up to Upscales about once a week. Is it waves that is the next exit up??? I had heard there was one just an exit up from Upscales. I will have to check them all out.
Thanks again,
Sally

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.