The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I purchased a 4 inch Sabae nem, 2 days ago, wanted to get him settled, LFS just recieved it a couple days before me, He is bleached at the moment but not worried about that, have had them in the past in an old tank that thrived to very large size from small bleached state, my question is I cannot remember how long I should wait to introduce a clownfish for it? I placed him in a crevice and he has seated right where i put him is opened great and all PH's are back up and running it seams like its pretty content as of the moment on where its at, I know it may move later and probably will but I dont want to aggitate it by placing a perc in there too soon. thanks for any responses.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
I don't think there is a period to wait, I say this because some reefers have clownfish already in the tank and to complete it they want a nem so they buy one...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool, the good thing is he hadn't lost all of his color, and seems very healty, gave shrimp to it today and took it right down and has opened up even more after fed. also has a really tiny anemone shrimp hitchhiking on him took me a bit to figure out what the dark spot was that kept moving around lol. but here is a pic of it as we are now. but good to know don't have to wait to try to pair it up with a perc, will go get one next week. thanks.

Attachments

·
Aquatic Beginner
1,427 Posts
Clowns that will naturally host with a sebae is a clarkii... tomateo... and pink skunk clowns. Others can host but it could take longer. I wouldnt worry about it add your clowns

·
Fishy Down Under
572 Posts
Like mentioned above i don't think there is a time period, my tomato clowns were trying to host my torch coral and ended up bashing it so i bought a BTA and they instantly started hosting it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts