The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im setting up my friend a 29gal tank, and she has a seaclone 100 protein skimmer. How long should i wait before i put it on? I was planning on putting it on once the cycle is complete. What would be best? Thanks!

-Matt

·
Registered
224 Posts
It might be better to put it on now,but I doubt it will have much impact.The majority of people will tell you that the Seaclone skimmer is a piece of crap.A much better choice would be an excalibur,backpack,or remora.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Put the skimmer on asap. Just be carefull with the adjustment at first. When going through a cycle there is alot of stuff to be skimmed so make sure she understands how to properly adjust the skimmer and have her keep a close eye on it.

A skimmer will help shorten the cycle time.

Charles

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Hey I just remembered.

There is a LFS down in Albany which is closer to Perry then Atlanta. The store is salt/reef and ponds. It is small and jammed packed. It's a little dirty and old but they had an OK assortment of Dry goods and live stock when I went down there.

I have only been there once --- Atlanta is the same distance for me so I just head north instead of south when going to a LFS

Atlas Aquariums, 2810 Palmyra Rd, Albany, GA, 31707 [map], phone 912-435-7395, fax 912-883-3673, [email protected].

Not sure if that info is still correct or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts