The Reef Tank banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 150 gallon display with a 65 gallon sump and refugium, my current livestock:

FISH:
4 green chromis
1 blue chromis
1 fairly large foxfaced rabbitfish
1 fairly small hippo tang (maybe 3")
1 ocellaris clownfish

INVERTS:
2 scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp
1 blood shrimp
1 peppermint shrimp
maybe 2 dozen xenia
1 large "delicate" anemone (heteractis malu) - 6" dia?
1 huge RBTA - maybe 10" dia?
1 very large tigertail cuke
1 fromia starfish

CORALS:
pocillopora
yellow colony polyps
kenya tree forest (anyone want some?)
variety of zoas
pipe organ coral
galaxea

I only have plans to add 1 Desjardini Sailfin, 1 sandsifting goby and a pistol shrimp (any sandsifting gobies that pair up with pistol shrimp)?

Is this a heavy bioload? Medium? What's your opinion?

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I have a 150 with 40 gallon sump and I have alot more stuff in there. I think its about good husbandry. If you keep up on your water changes have a good skimmer and dont over feed I feel you can have more. stuff. But thats just my 2 cents worth

·
Carpe Noctem
9,817 Posts
The only thing I can add to what was said above is: Bio-load aside, how is your territory inside your tank. Is there enough room, rock and hiding spaces for all those fish to be able to get away when they need to? Even the most docile reef safe fish need a calgon moment every-so-often:D

I may have a fairly large system of 300 gallons, but my aquascape currently negates the amount of fish I can have due to territorial issues. Once I have corals really growing, I could easily add more fish, but until then I'm pretty much fished out;)

·
Registered
679 Posts
If it were my tank I'd maybe add one more good size fish and one or two small guys. I have a 150 with a 40g sump stocked with
Desjardini tang
purple tang
fairy wrasse
Royal Gramma
Yellow watchman Goby
long nose hawk
1 fiji damsel
3 chromis.

Last addition was the wrasse he's about 4" and really a great fish.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone for the feedback - I was concerned maybe adding the Desjardini would be too much. There are plenty of hiding spaces - I did the aquascaping with lots of caves and overhangs and everyone has space to disappear into at night.

Geoff - I have an ASM G3 skimmer - I get hardly any detritus buildup on the sand. I have about a dozen red legged hermits and what must amount to hundreds (literally) of snails. I only purchased 3 or 4 dozen, they are just reproducing at an exceedingly high rate. A few months ago, they just started going nuts. They appear to be nassarius snails.

Betamed, how big is your Desjardini now? How fast has it been growing? I understand they can get to be quite large.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts