The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Bitter Mod
7,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far so good. After an hour or so their are no leaks. A few minor problems. Slight flushing effect in the sump and the pumps are a bit louder than I expected. Hopefully the closing up the stand with some foam board will cut down on the noise some. If not I'll just turn the stereo up a few notches. Neighbors be damned, I've got massive flow. :lol:

·
Registered
7,938 Posts
Cool beans!! After a while you won't even notice the noise!

And I thought this was going to be a Dr. Suess thread. :D

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
heh!

Think Sequence pumps.

Sometimes it may be a matter of isolating some harmonic that the plumbing system is setting up, try using flex pipe and a set of rubber foam insulators to try and dampen the footpads and/or varying the length of the plumbing pipe, changing 90 degree turns to sweeping turns, etc.

Sometimes all that is needed is a reduction in back pressure, try running the pump with a large diameter opening for the return to see if it resolves the noise issue.

HTH

·
The Bitter Mod
7,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tdwyatt said:
heh!

Think Sequence pumps.

Sometimes it may be a matter of isolating some harmonic that the plumbing system is setting up, try using flex pipe and a set of rubber foam insulators to try and dampen the footpads and/or varying the length of the plumbing pipe, changing 90 degree turns to sweeping turns, etc.

Sometimes all that is needed is a reduction in back pressure, try running the pump with a large diameter opening for the return to see if it resolves the noise issue.

HTH
I'm already using flex pvc. The foam insulator is a good idea, I'll give that a shot next. The flushing issue has been resolved. I just had to increase the length of one pipe. I tried calling PCI to see if there's a break in period, sadly there isn't anyone there on saturday. Without the two CLS pumps running the tank is virtually silent.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I run a sequence reeflow series Dart pump and find it to be the quietest pump I have heard in some time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts