The Reef Tank banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Bob, no picture, but here are the details:

On the 4-way shut off valve, one side has two inlets, and the other has two outlets. One of the two inlets if you try to blow through it is hard to blow through, the other you can blow through freely. For the one that is hard to blow through, this is the connnection for the water line in. You simply plumb this side of the 4-way shut off valve in line on the line in for the RO unit. The other side of the 4-way, the side you can blow through freely, you plumb in line the product water coming from the RO unit.

It can be confusing, so read and re-read...

·
Registered
86 Posts
I got some documentation from Aqua FX on this valve. I am traveling right now for work, but if you still need something, I can probably find it, scan it and somehow get it to you. The tech support person I talked to at Aqua FX was very helpful, but I had to get past the sales/receptionist on the phone.

Ross

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to every one for your help. So, far I have the shut off valve hooked up the way it is in an Aqua Fx manual. As it sits now the flow is cut of to the RO and not the waste water. Ross, if you could find any info you have. I have emailed with the Aqua FX Pres. I am just waiting to here from her again. I am stumped as to why this is not working? In its current configuration the RO water stops with or without back pressure. But , the waste water just keeps flowing.

·
Registered
680 Posts
jg24:
I have heard that if there's any traped air inside they won't work correctly? you may have to let it run a little to blead out any traped air?

FishyMike
They work off of back pressure! Besides the ASO (Auto Shut Off) you will need a float valve. Once the water level in the sump or storage tank closes the float valve! The back pressure then allows the ASO to shut off the water supply to the RO Membrane

·
Registered
986 Posts
FishyMike said:
Does this include that it cuts off the "waste" water that just goes down the drain?
It certainly should FishyMike. Once the source water supply is shut off, there shouldn't be neither product nor waste water.
;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.