The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is something growing on my green star polyps. I would like to pull them out and dip them in an iodine treatment. Should I go with lugol's? If so does anyone have experience with it to give me some instructions? Also brands..Kent..J.Crow.. I don't know what to use.

Attachments

·
Doc Holiday
2,373 Posts
I used lugol's for an lps before I just followed the directions.. It's been so long I don't remember..but it deff helped

·
Underwater Demolitions
11,547 Posts
I'm a big fan of Lugols dips, it has helped me out several times. I usually stick with Brightwells brand, I don't know why ( but I am a sucker for good label design, so that might be it) but I'm sure that since lugols is a specific formula they are all the same.
But more importantly what the heck is that white stuff? I hope one of the experts chimes in on that. Looks like something you don't want to spread...

·
Aquatic Philosopher
15,434 Posts
I prefer lugols as well. The other iodine products are weaker. Check the directions but the dosing should be 40 drops per gallon or 10 drops per quart. You can bump it up to 12 drops a quart but be careful, it is a stronger dip so it is done for a shorter time. You can also get the pro coral cure stuff as well but lugols is fine. As for the white stuff, it looks like a sponge, but I could be wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts