The Reef Tank banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do i know what a good deal is on craigslist, or any other " for sale " site?

Should i/you take retail and 1/2 it, 1/4 it.
Is it just taking a chance?
Do I/you take the time to go look at tank/equipment?

I know this is very broad, thats why i am asking.

i guess i could post the ads that i have found, and get opinions on the items for sale........but afraid by the time that happens, people might jump on it and i miss out,:doh:

·
little fishy girl
4,061 Posts
i usually think 1/2 to 1/3 of retail is good , also depends on the shape of the items .

·
Registered
968 Posts
Agreed. But make sure the equipment is of use or has value..a skimmer bought 20 years ago for 300 isn't worth 150 (for example)...

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, i am going to drop the ball and see what happens, here it is..........let me know what you think.
and if you want it, just give me respect of telling me you are going to get itbefor i do, haha

YES, if this ad still up, the tank is still available. SERIOUS Inquries only. This is a bargain!
Tank, Stand, Light fixture and sump for $1500 FIRM
Tank and Stand $1250 FIRM
Cured live rock large to huge pieces $5/lb FIRM.

Aquarium is an All-Glass brand, 180 gallons, reef ready with DUAL corner overflows, glass is in excellent condition. $1100 when new
Stand is by Aqueon Aquariums (?) and is solid wood and black in color. Beautiful piece of furniture and neutral in color and style (so your significant other could be happy ). It has huge space and great acces with (4) extra large doors. This $1275 when new
Sump is a Berlin sump approx 24x16x16" with Dual inlets. $300
Light is (8) 80w T5s in a fixture with individually contoured reflectors for each bulb, less than 60days of use. $250 new? No Canopy, I kept it open top for easier access and better gas exchange.

The tank is up and running with about 200 lbs of liverock (sold separately). Salinity, temperature, calcium and alkalinity being maintained properly.
Tank is located 5 min from 826 Palmetto Expressway by Coral Way.
SERIOUS INQUIES ONLY. $1250 FIRM. No holding without deposit.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry, double post, was trying to get pics posted

YES, if this ad still up, the tank is still available. SERIOUS Inquries only. This is a bargain!
Tank, Stand, Light fixture and sump for $1500 FIRM
Tank and Stand $1250 FIRM
Cured live rock large to huge pieces $5/lb FIRM.

Aquarium is an All-Glass brand, 180 gallons, reef ready with DUAL corner overflows, glass is in excellent condition. $1100 when new
Stand is by Aqueon Aquariums (?) and is solid wood and black in color. Beautiful piece of furniture and neutral in color and style (so your significant other could be happy ). It has huge space and great acces with (4) extra large doors. This $1275 when new
Sump is a Berlin sump approx 24x16x16" with Dual inlets. $300
Light is (8) 80w T5s in a fixture with individually contoured reflectors for each bulb, less than 60days of use. $250 new? No Canopy, I kept it open top for easier access and better gas exchange.

The tank is up and running with about 200 lbs of liverock (sold separately). Salinity, temperature, calcium and alkalinity being maintained properly.
Tank is located 5 min from 826 Palmetto Expressway by Coral Way.
SERIOUS INQUIES ONLY. $1250 FIRM. No holding without deposit.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Looks like you could get the tank for about $1000 & $900 for the stand. If you're good at building you could build a stand much cheaper than that.

I wouldn't call it a great deal, but cheaper than brand new. I definitely wouldn't buy the rock, especially not for $5/lbs.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I think its overpriced as well. I paid 1800 for my 180, and got so much good, useable stuff, that the tank stand and canopy will end up costing me only a couple hundred bucks when I sell everything I don't need.

·
Above water diver
296 Posts
I echo everything that was said regarding price. For CR you can do better . . for example I bought my 125 tank and stand off of CR for $200.

But what will most likely happen is that the seller will get no buyers or people will give lower offers. Id send him a lower offer or at the least let him know you're interested. But yea, I wouldnt touch that until he comes down on his pricing.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everybody, i appreciate the feed back.
I thought it was a little high for that particular set up, that seller has another add for a complete 125g setup that i thought was a little high also.
So... i will keep looking around.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Location location location..... In so cal that would not be a good deal, maybe if the rocks were included. Also the sump seems really small for a 180gal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts