The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I started on this site, I posted a new thread in the Tank Specs like the site said to. I was just getting started and what I had then and what I have now is different, so I wanted to go back and edit that posting to my current information. I am almost positive I have done this before, back in the beginning, but it has been a while. I found the posting, but for some reason did not see how to edit it. Could you tell me how to do that?

Also, since then, I have purchased a second tank that I am currently setting up. When someone has 2 tanks, do I start a seperate thread in "tank specs" for each tank? What I mean is, when I ask any question (in any other forum) and you go to "Tank specs" to find my information, would it be better to have just one thread that lists both of my tanks in that one thread, or would it be better to create two completely seperate threads, one for my 55 gal and a seperate one for my 125 gal's information??? I did not know what would be easier for you and I did not want to make it confusing if I started two threads when I may only need one? I don't know if I am wording this question in a way that is understandable. Does that make any sense???

Either way, I do need to know how to edit that old posting to show my current tank specs.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,679 Posts
You have a limited time to edit a post after you post it. I think it is an hour.

If things have changed just posted the changes in the same thread.

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,658 Posts
If there isn't a edit tab on the bottom right of your thread,then like Chris said,add the new stuff in a new post on that thread.

·
spaceman spiff
11,769 Posts
I've talked about this issue in the past. Is there a reason TRT has decided to limit edits to an hour? Other forums I'm a member of allow them to be edited at any time.
yep, there are reasons. we want a record of what's being shared. more so, people have made slanderous or other negative comments, only to edit them hours or days later. you'll find on most large boards such as TRT, editing rights are limited.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts