The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that sounds dumb, but I was noticing my condi anemone has two real small short tenticals on one side. Is this just a sign of growth? Will a condi host a clown fish? I want one any way before long, but I was just wondering.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Anemones expand and contract their tenticals at all different times of the day(light)... So I am not sure until I saw it. Also contracted tenticals could be a sign of poor health. Other signs of unhealthy anemones are absense of a brownish color, torn pedal disc, and finally an unattached anemone. It could also be reproducing, some anemones clone while others reproduce through lateral and longitudinal fission. They also drop there tenticals to reproduce. These many different reproductive methods are what make aptasia so hard to get rid of(joes juice). I have heard of condi's hosting clownfish but have never seen it. If you really want to see the clownfish anemone behavior tell me what clownfish you want and I will tell you what anemone to get...do not waste your money on hope, learn from me!!!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anemone has good pinkish brown color, and had doubled in size. I have posted a couple pics. May be you can make it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want to get a Percula clown fish.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I cant really see, but I believe I know what you are talking about. I have the same on my purple tipped sebae which is host to two teenage clarkis. generally if you give it excellent water quality and adequate lighting 3 watts/gal min to about 6 watts/gal max it wil thirive. The false percula(ocellaris) or what LFS refer to as "nemo" likes E. quadricolor(unnaturally), Heteractis magnifica, stichodactyla gigantea, stichodactyla haddoni(unnaturally), stichodactyla mertensii. I would go with E quadricolor since it is the easiest of the 5. The True Percula is not mentioned with E. quadricolor but is mentioned with heteractis crispa, furthermore I have tried the true percula on this "sebae" anemone and it is fine. The only problem is that I find it a little more picky than e. Quadricolor "bubble tip, bulb tip". also the true perc is not found in mertensii "merten's" the rest of the anemones both percs have in common. I would not stray from the bulb or sebae because they either get TO BIG or are less tolerant of poorer water quality. Finally if the anemone has doubled in size i would say that you are doing a wonderful job already.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts