ok, wk 3 is over, and so is most of wk 4,
current params are
ammonia=0
nitrite=0
nitrate= <10
ph=8.3
salinity=1.022
temp=80

2 occelaris, 2 green chromis, 3 astrea snails, 1 blue legged hermit, 1 unidentified crab from LFS, lots off life on rocks (zoos multiplying daily, over 4 more hitchhiker crabs, lots of little snails, plenty of worms, and pods) diatom bloom is slowing/ clearing up :D
the nudibranch was sent back to the lfs along with a 10 page research about them and how that perticular species only eats sponges (not algae). She says to Brandon "dont believe everything you read on the internet" as she lies thru her teeth about the Nudi, still The LFS partially redeemed herself by saying if it lives for a week she'll give us partial credit.

contimplating a complete cleanup crew for end of next week to keep our tank looking good.

any more suggestions or helpful advice for this stage of the game??

·
Registered
658 Posts
She says to Brandon "dont believe everything you read on the internet"
... especially when it proves that the LFS was trying to pass off a carnivore as some sort of algal cleaner. :D

I wouldn't settle for partial credit though... I'd tell them that if they can't figure out which species they're selling to customers, then they should either refund their money or give full credit for the purchase price if that species turns out not to be what they claim it is.
If they won't do it I'd just take my business elsewhere... like the internet. :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
im fully ready to go somewhere else, a couple weeks ago i was going through thier lr bin and found a small piece with 3 mushrooms on it, it cam to a couple bucks, but they would have tried to sell it for $30+. anyways, after they sold my wife on the nudi, the woman rang it in for $6 more than the price, it seemed high to me so i asked to check it and thats when i saw the error, then she procede to make a big scene about how the price on the tank was wrong, even called over her asistant to tell her to change it. Well, i was in there 2 weeks prior and asked how much for the nudi, all the prices are marked the woman told me, and when i went to take the nudi back, the price was still the same. not impressed.

anyhow, sorry for the rant.

·
Administrator
48,724 Posts
the variable price thing is always a pet peeve of mine. I get shafted once and I am outta there :(
BTW why not 1.025 for SG?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
we at first were only at 1.020 but have been increasing it with our water changes, 1.025 is our goal

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
sounds like everything is coming along well. congrats!!!!

i would NEVER visit that lfs again!!

not only that, i would proceed to let everyone i know, know about hier shady business practices. heck i'd even post it on my website!

come to think of it, i would probably go so far as to put an ad in the sunday clasifieds, exposing them :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the only problem is, is that out of the 4 overpriced LFS we have here hers is the cheapest, and has the best selection.

do you know of any other good places on Vancouver Island, or any online stores (prefferably in Canada) that wouldnt charge us an arm and a leg for shipping?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.