The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a E.T.S.S 600 skimmer....Miro bubbles are making my tank look like poo!

How do you baffle the return to break up/ slow down bubbles.?

How high from the sump floor should the return be.? (i have it about 3" above sump floor)..2 low..?

any help would be great thanks again!

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
Sounds like too much flow through the skimmer or a poorly designed flow decelerator in the skimmer or a combo of the two.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
put some perforated pvc pipe into a polishing block and then put it in the return
could i drill holes in the return i have..??....and what a polishing block. and were do i get it...??....will it trap any debits in it.??

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like too much flow through the skimmer or a poorly designed flow decelerator in the skimmer or a combo of the two.

have no idea....I could try slowing down flow into skimmer buy adjusting check valve...guess ill try that first

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
how bout a pic of how you have it set up... the way it sounds you may have it possibly emptying into the wrong section of the sump.

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
ok.. i looked at your thread in the tank spec's section. Where does the outlet from the skimmer go? If you moved it into the sock as well, this would resolve a good portion of your bubble issue.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok.. i looked at your thread in the tank spec's section. Where does the outlet from the skimmer go? If you moved it into the sock as well, this would resolve a good portion of your bubble issue.
The outlet from the skimmer is about 3" away from the baffle in the sump. ( think thats part of my issue)....also running skimmer outlet with a piece of 2" pvc.....gonna try some flex tubeing and running it into the sock like you suggested....thanks alot Tony, always a Big help..

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
no problem, let us know how it works out..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts