The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was making RO water like any other day and I put my hand in the water and it is really hot! The water from the faucet is cold so it is heating up inside the RO really fast. What gives? I am going to let the RO unit cool down and try again but am sure it will do it again. Any Help?

http://www.airwaterice.com/product/1TYPHOONIII

Here is the ro I have

Have been using it roughly 4 to 5 months. Never been hot before. Hot as in 100 degrees. Like a hot shower. I thought for sure I turn the faucet on hot but I have tried like 5 times now. The unit itself was also pretty warm. I let it cool down and tried again to no avail

No booster pump. The RO is under the sink in the cabinet with nothing else in there. It has been there since I got it. It is connected by twisting it onto the faucet.

Any Ideas?

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
That's weird. Hot water can ruin a membrane. How is the RO connected to the water source?

I can see water in the pipes being a bit warm especially this time of year with all the heat we've all had, but not hot. Something is wrong.

I'd make sure that there's absolutely no way that there could be hot water entering the unit - if possible tap straight into the cold water line with a needle valve.

If you're absolultely certain that cold water is going in and hot is coming out, I'd contact the manufacturer of the unit and ask. Since there's no mechanical or electrical parts, it should not do that. Sounds almost like a chemical reation of some sort.

Jenn

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
Not hot like that.

I'm thinking there has to be a faucet mixup or something - I've never heard of *hot* water out of an RO.

Curious to see the outcome though- learn something new every day.

Jenn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts