The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My name is Tara and I live in NW Rochester. I am new to the hobby of marine aquariums but have had freshwater tanks for around 20 years (usually community fish but also cichlids). I am overwhelmed by the amount of products out there. I am trying to find a 90 gallon tank reef ready (oceanic I hope) but a dealer in the T.C. states it could take 6 wks!

Anyway I look forward to learning more. I have about 6+ books to get through.

My other hobbies include SCUBA diving, golf, travel.
Thanks,
TK

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
:wavey: hope to see you soon.
Ask lots of Q's here and on the TC page....its even better than all the books we read.

·
Registered
500 Posts
put a post on the cities side somebody there probally has one for sale.
they are alot of good people always trying to help the newbie out.

·
Registered
479 Posts
hey Tara welcome to the club :thumbup: . As OYAM said i do have some nice live rock for sale so if you are still interested i have about 65 LBS with some life and poluyps on it with a few shrooms i am needing to get out for a while but i will be back :p lol if you are interested send me a PM i am looking to get rid of the L/R then the live stock i have one cleaner shrimp one coral beauty i think david wants and a blue hippo i think david wants sorry that is OYAM123 and 3 peps and two percs i also have a nice skimmer and a nice pc lights system like i said i would like to get rid of the rock first just so that i dont have to fight trying to get the live stock out

·
Registered
487 Posts
I left the wintry world of Minnesota 3 & 1/2 years ago but am an "honorary life member" of RMAC. I now live on Maui and have become an AVID scuba diver! Since you also like to travel, if you ever come to Maui, let me know and I can go diving one day and recommend a good outfit to go with.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Welcome Tara.

I'm John...just got out of the hobby a short while ago and I'm planning on getting back in within about 4-6 months. Great group of people here to help out with any questions you may have.

As for the Scuba thing you mentioned... warm water only? I dive ALOT :nuts: around here...kinda goes with my job. (Atleast the job I have for the next 1 1/2 months) If you ever get the itch to dive in fresh water let me know...its just a 2 hour drive to a real nice place in Wisconsin.

John

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Hi John..........thought I would have seen you with a Fish Taco Monday.
I finally got all the hair off the big rock and set it into the 120...the fish love it. Thanx!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello, I recieved a postcard from the World of fish in Richfield and if you are looking for a tank they are having a truck load aquarium sale this week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts