The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for the best place to buy "inexpensive" movie or home theater seats. I know they aren't cheap and I'm not in a huge hurry obviously, but where do I get the best deal???

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
My buddy works in kato at Degroods. I get good prices. LMK

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
I can not get half off. Check into that first. Then let me know.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beautious

·
Carp
310 Posts
I was just at HOM before the tent sale. They had a set of 3 seats for $900. Not sure what your definition of cheap is. But thats the best price I've seen(course, you get what you pay for). They are not Berklines by any means.

I know Ashley furniture has a new set out now for cheap also, around $1000 give or take.

Personally, I'd spend a little more and get the Berklines online. Can get a set of 3 for around $2k delivered to your door. Can save around $1000 as apposed to buying them at HOM or Schniederman's. HOM quoted me $2600 for a 3 piece ior was it 2? Dunno, I could get a 3 piece for $1800 delivered online. Depends on the style, I was looking at the 090's.

Edit: Costco also has Berkline 990's just tagged a different model # that they carry for well below the normal Berkline prices. Check them out also. Plus, take into account that you can return them ANYTIME you want, for ANY reason. Big bonus!

990 style
http://www.htmarket.com/home-theate...home-theater-loungers-berkline-990-group.html

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Irenicus said:
Are you setting up a home theater in your new house?
Thanks for the info guys.

Yes, I had been thinking of doing a "monster house" type room already. Now I can do the demo portion of the cement floor without a ceiling over my head. I don't need berklines by any means. I was thinking of some nice movie theater seats and a couple nice seats for the wife and me.

·
Carp
310 Posts
Then the ones at HOM or Ashley would be pretty nice, especially for the price.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
we just set up a small theatre in out main room.....I wish I would have bought some of the seats...but we have a 55" plasma Hitachi 2 Definitive 10" speakers a Definitive Centre Speaker 2 rear speakercraft AIM 3 ceiling speakers It sounds like siting in a movie theatre oh also we run the system from a Denon Receiver!

·
Carp
310 Posts
Yeah, I really wanted the HT seats also. But the better half wanted to be able to sit next to me. So she doesn't want the arm rests in-between each seat. Which kind of kills the whole purpose:(

I wanted the Berkline 090 with the Buttkickers. But for just the love seat configuration and buttkicker option, it would have been $2100 and that wasn't even leather. So, I just got a Berkline reclining couch from Becker Furniture. They had them for $200 cheaper than HOM or Schniedermans.

We're just moving into our new house the end of September and we need to furnish a whole lot more. So, I guess they will have to wait untill I finish my HT room in the basement. Man, I miss my surround sound set up. Can't wait to get it out of storage:drool::cool:

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hendersonracing said:
we just set up a small theatre in out main room.....I wish I would have bought some of the seats...but we have a 55" plasma Hitachi 2 Definitive 10" speakers a Definitive Centre Speaker 2 rear speakercraft AIM 3 ceiling speakers It sounds like siting in a movie theatre oh also we run the system from a Denon Receiver!
Let's take this OT back to reefing and see some pics of that in-wall tank. Looks sweet. :cool:

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
Denon is the ultimate in recievers IMO. Although I admit I still run a sony.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
tico mike said:
Let's take this OT back to reefing and see some pics of that in-wall tank. Looks sweet. :cool:

lol Im with ya...Ill get some updats soon!

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
smeese said:
Denon is the ultimate in recievers IMO. Although I admit I still run a sony.

I have sony in my bar room and my basement Its really good stuff too....if youll notice on the wall they are sony speakers...

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
Nice stetup, all you need too!~ Television with a good sound system and alcohol. All mt speakers are polk and I have been very impressed with them. Especially their 12" sub with 365 watt amp. ;) The surround ring on that speaker is like 3 inches across, with excursion to match

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice set-up! Now I really want to see some pics of the tank. BTW with a set-up that nice I'm surprised you get by with just two bar stools!:cool:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
very nice!
Tico.....dont know about the seats but dont buy your theater from Best Buy! We did for ours a 72" Mitsubushi...worked good but lost half of picture two weeks ago, and cant get BB off *** to fix it, say they have to order part but....i cant see it taking that long to get a part from any part of the world!

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Havre said:
very nice!
Tico.....dont know about the seats but dont buy your theater from Best Buy! We did for ours a 72" Mitsubushi...worked good but lost half of picture two weeks ago, and cant get BB off *** to fix it, say they have to order part but....i cant see it taking that long to get a part from any part of the world!
I bought a DLP projector from Radio Shack. $300 rebate. It's all we can fit in the trailer and keep a big screen. I bet that Mitsu is very nice. They make good stuff, but BB is notorious for being slow with customer service. They will fix it in the end, but no motivation once you leave the store....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts