The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 72 gallon reef tank at home, and am starting to consider installing a 100 gallon tank in my office (25 miles away from home)

Does anybody have similar thoughts or experience with dual tanks setup far away from another?

Can I create another successful reef and only attend to it 5 days a week?

The reef 'disease' is hard to shake...........

·
Registered
314 Posts
Ofcourse as long as you feed on friday, and put your lights on timers everything should be fine. I would also, if you know for sure you won't be there on the weekends but everything on a back up battery in case the power would go out...Good Luck

·
Registered
790 Posts
Has it been a long time job, wouldn't want to hear that you spent your hard time setting up a tank and then they go out of business...

-Paul

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
I'd suggest a lot smaller of a tank at work... At tops I'd say a 55 gallon unless there are other people there knowledgable about how to keep the tank. It would be too big of a risk of your effort and money to chance on a big tank at work.

·
Registered
314 Posts
What's the reason for putting a tank at your work?

·
Premium Member
34,435 Posts
vacations are the tough part. will you have someone who could take care of it when you are gone? the weekends are not a big deal if everything is on timers.

what kind of chemicals do the cleanup people use after hours? this could be a problem.

G~

1 - 6 of 6 Posts