The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8:47 am in Puurs Belgium. First hour and 15 min of the day is gone, so is every manager of my company world wide. 1 cup of coffee down and it is a perfectly relaxed day at the office. Lovin it. I got a 6 hr jump on the east coast, hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday!!!

·
Dedicated Reef Adict
1,131 Posts
8:47 am in Puurs Belgium. First hour and 15 min of the day is gone, so is every manager of my company world wide. 1 cup of coffee down and it is a perfectly relaxed day at the office. Lovin it. I got a 6 hr jump on the east coast, hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday!!!
same to you man ! so when are you coming home ? i noticed you were gonna be in europe for a month and left your saltwater tank in the hands of the young lady :) ( im 24 im young as well ) just wondering lol havent had an update on the zoas how are they doing can we get a picture ???

·
Dedicated Reef Adict
1,131 Posts
wow dude tone it down a notch...family oriented site...even hinting the way you are with you *** is unacceptable...sorry your having a bad day with your comp but thats something taht can be fixed...hope a moderator doesnt come accross this you will be getting a pm shortly after they do...just a friendly hint to watch your tongue man ... i hope all goes well but i think your old enough and mature enough to express yourself in a more adult way then ranting and raving in an innapropriate way...not to say you cant discuss your hard times as i am unemployed as well working on the side for as much xtra cash as i can ... but ... the choice words will not be tolerated and no one really wants to hear about it that way man ... take a chill pill and try to have a good day...if there is anything i can help with comp wise shoot me a pm...i am in school for my bachelors in computer science for computer networking...im sure i can help in some way but really this is just a heads up the moderators will be talking to you im sure ... have a good one man and let me know if i can help in any way computer wise...take it easy brotha lol its just a bad day something will shine...maybe you will find a new frag or something floatin around the tank ! keep your head up!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the Zoas are coming back. That was the last I heard. I come back the 15th, and cant wait to get back to the lady and the tank. I will have to request that she post some pix. Antwerp has been a ton of fun, but I would like to have my life back too! Still it has been a great experience to get to travel to Europe at 26 for 2 months for a blue collar job. Pretty sweet deal. From now on my travels should be much much shorter trips. I cant wait to go play with the tank and make sure it is fully operational and will sustain my 2 up coming 3 day vacations for christmas and newyears.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, and BTW, I wouldn't mind having an Adult only section on the forums either, but I understand wanting to keep it totally family too. (i got a mouth like a sailor, i cant tell you how many times i have had to delete entire sentences to make them family friendly. :)

·
Dedicated Reef Adict
1,131 Posts
I think the Zoas are coming back. That was the last I heard. I come back the 15th, and cant wait to get back to the lady and the tank. I will have to request that she post some pix. Antwerp has been a ton of fun, but I would like to have my life back too! Still it has been a great experience to get to travel to Europe at 26 for 2 months for a blue collar job. Pretty sweet deal. From now on my travels should be much much shorter trips. I cant wait to go play with the tank and make sure it is fully operational and will sustain my 2 up coming 3 day vacations for christmas and newyears.
yes sir ! im glad to hear your zoas are dong well! lol man i swear you guys were so heart stricken with them i almost felt bad for you lol ... but thats is in no way an insult thats is probably the best quality to have in this hobby is to feel bad because something is going wrong and you guys did the right thing came and found help...lol today i got a pretty rare zoa for around my neck of the woods and when i was putting it into my tank it fell off the frag plug ! i almost cried, i had A LOT OF CHOICE WORDS with my love in the room and she didnt say a word...thank god she is as into this hobby as i am ... gotta lover her the only woman i have ever met that when im having a bad day she comes home fomr work with a nes coral :dance: lol now thats love hahahahaha and dedication ! have a safe trip buddy and enjoy your holidays ! hope the tank is wel and everything goes as planned...im sure u cant wait back to get to the lady...2 months is a long long long time away from home :smileyeatingchoc:

·
Dedicated Reef Adict
1,131 Posts
Oh, and BTW, I wouldn't mind having an Adult only section on the forums either, but I understand wanting to keep it totally family too. (i got a mouth like a sailor, i cant tell you how many times i have had to delete entire sentences to make them family friendly. :)
<---- has had the moderator pm lol i wouldnt mind it either just to have a general aduylt discussion with anythig goes ya know that would be somethign relaxing and different...idk if u read his post but or this site lol and the way the moderators hawk...def would have had a talkign to lol but i wanted to tell him before he found out the other way lol seems like a good guy just high strung and irritated as all ya know ... we all get that way... just cant put it out there like that here, he did need a hug i thin tho ! lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes sir ! im glad to hear your zoas are dong well! lol man i swear you guys were so heart stricken with them i almost felt bad for you lol ... but thats is in no way an insult thats is probably the best quality to have in this hobby is to feel bad because something is going wrong and you guys did the right thing came and found help...lol today i got a pretty rare zoa for around my neck of the woods and when i was putting it into my tank it fell off the frag plug ! i almost cried, i had A LOT OF CHOICE WORDS with my love in the room and she didnt say a word...thank god she is as into this hobby as i am ... gotta lover her the only woman i have ever met that when im having a bad day she comes home fomr work with a nes coral :dance: lol now thats love hahahahaha and dedication ! have a safe trip buddy and enjoy your holidays ! hope the tank is wel and everything goes as planned...im sure u cant wait back to get to the lady...2 months is a long long long time away from home :smileyeatingchoc:
Fortunately I did have a week between each month (thats when we bought and set up the tank) I really worked out well to have a month to mull over the tank and try to figure out what the heck we really want to do. I think we will be going more LR, i want to build a fuge, i have a skimmer on the way etc. I think we will be waiting on fish for a while yet. I was pretty confident when I set up the tank that all was well. Now I realize that we would have made some HUGE mistakes if it were not for TRT and ARC (Atlanta Reef Club). Great groups of helpful people on both. I have spend an average of 4-5 hrs a night creeping through old post, reading others problems, solutions, advice etc. There is so much I want to do now but I think I'll run the 55 for a while and in the meantime find my next tank and do a from scratch build on everything but the tank itself. I'm excited! I could not do this with out my g/f. She does just as much research as I do and she has been a champ. So glad we didn't go cichlid tank. Anyway, almost lunch time for me, I guess the early birds in the states will be waking soon!

·
Dedicated Reef Adict
1,131 Posts
Fortunately I did have a week between each month (thats when we bought and set up the tank) I really worked out well to have a month to mull over the tank and try to figure out what the heck we really want to do. I think we will be going more LR, i want to build a fuge, i have a skimmer on the way etc. I think we will be waiting on fish for a while yet. I was pretty confident when I set up the tank that all was well. Now I realize that we would have made some HUGE mistakes if it were not for TRT and ARC (Atlanta Reef Club). Great groups of helpful people on both. I have spend an average of 4-5 hrs a night creeping through old post, reading others problems, solutions, advice etc. There is so much I want to do now but I think I'll run the 55 for a while and in the meantime find my next tank and do a from scratch build on everything but the tank itself. I'm excited! I could not do this with out my g/f. She does just as much research as I do and she has been a champ. So glad we didn't go cichlid tank. Anyway, almost lunch time for me, I guess the early birds in the states will be waking soon!
i havent been to sleep me and my highlife buddy miller light been havein a conversation lol but enjoy your lunch and yea good idea on x'n the ciclids and goin SW since i have 8 yrs ago i will never go back lol i still catch myslef pulling a seat infront of the tanks and staring for hours watcjhing everything lol like a kid in a cansy store

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i havent been to sleep me and my highlife buddy miller light been havein a conversation lol but enjoy your lunch and yea good idea on x'n the ciclids and goin SW since i have 8 yrs ago i will never go back lol i still catch myslef pulling a seat infront of the tanks and staring for hours watcjhing everything lol like a kid in a cansy store
If you are still up drinking you would LOVE Belgium. This is the land of beer, the only place in the world where a can of beer is literally cheaper than a bottle of water. So many good ones here, this place can't be beat. My gut tells all.

·
Dedicated Reef Adict
1,131 Posts
If you are still up drinking you would LOVE Belgium. This is the land of beer, the only place in the world where a can of beer is literally cheaper than a bottle of water. So many good ones here, this place can't be beat. My gut tells all.
lol im irish ireland isnt all that different lol...been there one time ... cant wait to g back on my honey moon !

·
Super Moderator
28,520 Posts
What a way to start the wake-up call thread. Mitch, Kayak, Mark - you guys are a mess. I guess I'll have to pull out my librarian shushing thing.

Time for brunch here on the East Coast, so Jose sent me some Cuban coffee to get this group in shape. Custom omelets, cowboy potatoes, and Texas toast for everyone.

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
my grandmother was from antwerp, did you try the exlir D'anvers yet great stuff almost like a samboca.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,796 Posts
Wow lot of commotion this morning. I am gonna put down a couple of cups of coffee and come back in a bit. :beer:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.