The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all. I’m working away at a pot of coffee and sulking that it is raining. I had planned a Sunday morning ride to try out a new camera mount.

Not an issue. There is lots to do and lots to just simply not do for the fun of it.

Marmalade toast is on the counter of you want.

Enjoy your day.

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,609 Posts
Top of the morning Rick.....uhhhhhh 🤔 'Monday'?....Let's go with THAT.....HAPPY MONDAY Y'ALL!

THANKS for the coffee, and I'll schlep another pot of joe on as well.The weather guessers, controlled by our tourist buck driven chamber of commerce got us good yesterday.....'Sunshine n chirpy birds' forecast turned into a rainy Sunday evening/night......still grilled, but dined inside, and bonfire was washed out of our PLANS.
As same with this morning....a big breakfast on the grill and greeting the morning from our yard has also fallen victim to their shenanigans.

'Supposed' to clear as the day progresses.....YEAH, let's trust them again shall we.🤨

I'll be over here sipping me coffee for a bit.....PEACE n GROOVINESS to One n All,
Hack

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The sky is clearing up and the sun coming out. I am up to my shoulder in the Oscar tank at the moment so a ride isn’t likely in the cards now. It was due for a gravel change and is getting the gravel from the 120 as it is on the list next to get prepped for the salt set up and that gravel has to go.

I hooked up the RO/DI and it works. I tried everything to get air out of it and I think the membrane stayed wet. I got almost no air out of the canisters. I do get more water out the orange waste drain than I do the filtered side. Is that normal? Does it always flow the waste side when operating or is it back flushing?

·
Administrator
47,203 Posts
Morning all Happy Labor Day, I honor of it I will go Labor at the store. Not feeling it, sleep was not very relaxing, too much stress
Hope the day treats you well. Allegedly we may get some rain tomorrow..probably not much but hope it clears smoke out

·
16,609 Posts
need to do water test on the tank today.Something I never like doing.
No....but CONGRATULATIONS with your tank getting close...or THERE already.

Is there a 'helmet law' for riding mowers down there? 🤔 😁
Hack

·
16,609 Posts
The sky is clearing up and the sun coming out. I am up to my shoulder in the Oscar tank at the moment so a ride isn’t likely in the cards now. It was due for a gravel change and is getting the gravel from the 120 as it is on the list next to get prepped for the salt set up and that gravel has to go.

I hooked up the RO/DI and it works. I tried everything to get air out of it and I think the membrane stayed wet. I got almost no air out of the canisters. I do get more water out the orange waste drain than I do the filtered side. Is that normal? Does it always flow the waste side when operating or is it back flushing?
SORRY, but I'm blissfully ignorant with RODI's.....a gallon a time distilled water man myself.....LOT of trips to the Acme by the way to feed my habit.

Hack

·
16,609 Posts
Top of the 'SORRY yer at work' morning Doug.
Fingers crossed for the rain. And any word from Yer Kin Folk?
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,353 Posts
Good mawnin’, Rick, Hack, Vinnie, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, Rick and Hack. Rick... Yummmm on the marmalade toast for our breakfast! What kind of marmalade? PB is also on the table.

Morning all. I’m working away at a pot of coffee and sulking that it is raining. I had planned a Sunday morning ride to try out a new camera mount.
There is lots to do and lots to just simply not do for the fun of it.
I like the idea of “simply not do just for the fun of it.” Enjoy whatever you choose.

Hack - Bleck with the Chamber making up their own brand of weather. Hooe you get some kind of grilling today!
How is your neck these days?

Vinnie - Good plan to mow early. Your hooomidity looks awful.

Doug - Sorry to hear that you didn’t get quality sleep last night. :( Hope you get more than spitting rain.

First learning curve happened this morning. Sophie got out as I was putting out the trash and broken down boxes. Sophie has NEVER done that in 11 years she has been with me. I was freaked out a bit. Luckily she didn’t dart out and I was able to scoop her up easily. No more of that, Sophie!

I bette quit. I keep getting memos that someone has posted.:p

Lots of love and hugs and peace tp everyone!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Orange marmalade Cath. I always wanted to try and make it from scratch. Maybe this winter.

·
Super Moderator
22,246 Posts
Morning all,

Yesterday’s report: drove 1 and a half hour one way to check out a truck at a multi location kinda large car lot. First place ( where it said the truck was at) came up nada vehicle. Second location was a 1/2 hr away so figured why not ,I’m close. Also a nada result, but scoped out a few maybe pickups to further check out ( when the place was open, since HoosierLand is a “can’t be open on Sundays “ state.
Headed the 1 1/2 hr drive home, decided to go a lil past my house to check out the local Chevy Stealership to see if they had anything in my sights.
Go figger, they had 4-5 GM trucks that caught my eye/wallet. Placed the top 4-5 in order of checking out, and of course they are also closed today for the holiday. Will be there when they open and do the dance with a salesman. Plan is to pay cash so an advantage might tip in my favor.
This time tomorrow I might have a new truck , fingers crossed.

Otherwise , pick stuff up and doing a clean in the house is the plan. Also going to fill up the wild bird feeders once again, since my county is now “ok to back and put food out” . Some weird/fatal disease was going thru the state, dunno if they determined what it was, but my area/county was deemed “ok”.
Was weird not seeing the plethora of all kinds of birds showing up , and the blue jays screaming on the fence for me to throw out their peanuts off the back deck near the feeders. I chose to continue offering food for the hummingbirds during all this, and now at this time of their visits here, are showing up in groups of 3-4 with males chasing another male away from its feeders ( rolls eyes) .Looks like once again a few pairs made a home nearby and raised a few next generation hummingbirds.

On to the day,

Hope everyone has a great day/holiday!

Reactions: Tinsnips

·
Super Moderator
22,246 Posts
Welcome back Cath!

Reactions: cath

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Morning all,

Yesterday’s report: drove 1 and a half hour one way to check out a truck at a multi location kinda large car lot. First place ( where it said the truck was at) came up nada vehicle. Second location was a 1/2 hr away so figured why not ,I’m close. Also a nada result, but scoped out a few maybe pickups to further check out ( when the place was open, since HoosierLand is a “can’t be open on Sundays “ state.
Headed the 1 1/2 hr drive home, decided to go a lil past my house to check out the local Chevy Stealership to see if they had anything in my sights.
Go figger, they had 4-5 GM trucks that caught my eye/wallet. Placed the top 4-5 in order of checking out, and of course they are also closed today for the holiday. Will be there when they open and do the dance with a salesman. Plan is to pay cash so an advantage might tip in my favor.
This time tomorrow I might have a new truck , fingers crossed.

Otherwise , pick stuff up and doing a clean in the house is the plan. Also going to fill up the wild bird feeders once again, since my county is now “ok to back and put food out” . Some weird/fatal disease was going thru the state, dunno if they determined what it was, but my area/county was deemed “ok”.
Was weird not seeing the plethora of all kinds of birds showing up , and the blue jays screaming on the fence for me to throw out their peanuts off the back deck near the feeders. I chose to continue offering food for the hummingbirds during all this, and now at this time of their visits here, are showing up in groups of 3-4 with males chasing another male away from its feeders ( rolls eyes) .Looks like once again a few pairs made a home nearby and raised a few next generation hummingbirds.

On to the day,

Hope everyone has a great day/holiday!
We had a bought of West Nile Virus here for a few years Junkzoo. It is only carried by Corvids, so crows and jays. We were told it was ok to keep the feeders up but any dead birds found were to be turned in for testing. There was a Sammonella out break as well but no restrictions put in place.

·
Administrator
47,203 Posts
Evening all, done with work, kind of a slow day. I suppose alot of folks went into town to the festivities such as they are. Big draw is the Hydroplane races on the river. Filling out rebate papers for Energy Trust to get a rebate on insulating attic, gotta get the contractor to fill in a couple blanks then send that off.
As to the earlier question Rick had about the amount of waste water from an RODI, 3-4 to one ratio is normal for waste water typically. The waste water contains concentrated minerals so is quite hard usually. I have heard of using it in washers but not sure I would do that. it is usfull in watering gardens etc rather than just wasting it it.
Got a pork loin roast that I am cooking in slower cooker on high after a sear. Yukon gold taters halved with parmesan pearl balls on each one and gravy, with bicolor corn grilled .
Other than that an early night and hopefully sleep. I got three more days work then a Dr appt fri morning

·
Premium Member
25,282 Posts
Evening all,

Just been hanging out around the house, moved the 36 galling stand to the location it will be sitting. Painted the back of the tank black . Hoping Jacob comes by to help me move the tank back in. I can do it myself but easier for two people.,

gas stations are finally opening back up and gas is more available to those that still need it for generators.

·
Super Moderator
22,246 Posts
Early evening all,
Here is a link to the truck I’m checking into tomorrow:

( Hope it works)
When I started looking into pick em ups, I was drawn to white trucks, dunno why. Only thing I could think of that “white” is in the running , the last two trucks I bought ( working -pre retirement) I chose colors that where steel mill parking friendly- not showing crud as much. Now that I released that Kraken , heheh, white is a new , not feasible color now . Only excuse I have.

TS- they never came up with a cause to why the wild birds were getting sick/dying, but pretty sure salmonella was ruled out early on. My county had very little bird deaths , and they only asked nicely to hold off on feeding them while other counties they stressed strongly to cease , put away and bleach feeders etc.

Not a bad day outside , no clouds and temps/humidity are tolerable.

On to the evening,

Hope everyone is having a great day

Reactions: cath

·
Super Moderator
27,353 Posts
Good evening, guys!

Jeff - About you shopping for a truck,.. sounds a lot like when you get a bug to buy a car. Except it sounds like you are being sensible. Well... as sensible as fun will let you be. 😉

As for the birds, I didn’t hear anything about it here, but in Northern VA where my brother is, they were serious about it. Sad situation.

Doug - Yummmmm I can smell that from here. I’ll just take some of the veggie portion.

Vinnie -
Evening all,

Just been hanging out around the house, moved the 36 galling stand to the location it will be sitting. Painted the back of the tank black . Hoping Jacob comes by to help me move the tank back in. I can do it myself but easier for two people.,

gas stations are finally opening back up and gas is more available to those that still need it for generators.
Hope moving the tank stand goes easy for you and Jacob.

As it should be on gasoline for survival takes priority.

Some friends brought some of their home made Tuscan vegetable soup. What a treat! Takers, anyone?

Everyone have a groovy evening.

·
Administrator
47,203 Posts
Good eve everyone, got energy rebate figured out. Need a couple signs and R Value from installer then send it in.
Got di`er seared and panned up slow cooked on grill. Corn has 10 more minutes 0

·
Administrator
47,203 Posts
That's a 36" grill ~use to scale the size of ears, 1n min in husk then skinned and buttered another 15 min and sweet perfection

1 - 20 of 24 Posts