The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been playing with a hofer gurgle buster that I just threw together, and no matter what combination of air tube depth and bell position, I can't get it to stop.... gurgling!! It just keeps flushing every 5 or 10 seconds. Is that typically an indicator that there isn't enough air? I'm going to try drilling a second hole and adding a second air line, see if that fixes it.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Second air tube didn't fix it. It seems like it's running a little better, but still flushing. I've never heard of one of these things with three air hoses...

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ball valve on the drain.... it could work. Errrr, I was hoping to fix it without another trip to home depot. Gotta do what ya gotta do I guess

·
Reef Nut
1,254 Posts
I tried one last week, I was very careful building it, but it still 'flushed' too much. It wasn't any better than the regular return that came w/ the tank, so I took it back off. Let us know if you get it working. I can't put a ball valve on my return line, so I've kind of given up on getting it quiet.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay glad I'm not crazy, I haven't read anything but success stories when googling the thing. I put my durso pipe back on for now, but I will play with it some more eventually. I really liked the idea because it pulls from the surface of the water, not from beneath

1 - 7 of 7 Posts